Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old June 3rd, 2008, 09:39 PM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: garden080621-JJ2E8353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando303 View Post
Hey, have any of those "plans" been announced yet? If they were made only via e-mail, regretably, I missed them. Could someone please update what's going on, here? Thanks a lot.
Maybe they announced them in the Chatroom.
I'mo go and see if I can pick up any residual echos.
  #12    Top
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Silent Waters
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I'm the one responsible for the fact that they haven't been announced and because of important school things I've had, I've been unable to finalize the plans. However, I make a promise to everyone that the plans will be released by Friday!
  #13    Top
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:55 AM
The Godfather
Recent Photo: Some shots from 2010
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I don't like Chat rooms, never did. What festers in Chat rooms is annimosity, it always happens and their wind up being more enemies than friends and on a couple of sites I have also seen it cause the demise of the site. Especially when moderators think they are gods and try to make the chat go their way or no way, beware!

Leica M8, Nikon D200, Kodak DCS Pro14n, Olympus E20n, Leica R8, Leica M3, Bessa T101 w/50mm Heliar, Kodak 260,
  #14    Top
Old June 4th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patman10 View Post
I don't like Chat rooms, never did.
Too much . Hopefully the Corner chat does not degrade the way others do.
Sponsors
  #15    Top
Old June 4th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: 1st bloom
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patman10 View Post
I don't like Chat rooms, never did. What festers in Chat rooms is annimosity, it always happens and their wind up being more enemies than friends and on a couple of sites I have also seen it cause the demise of the site. Especially when moderators think they are gods and try to make the chat go their way or no way, beware!
I've honestly never experienced chatroom sessions except the few times I've had some really nice, enlightening conversations with a couple of members here. I know all the mods are hoping for the chats to be more of a learning area. And, I think it essential for mods to be there to ensure it stays a place of growth and doesn't turn into a mess. I'm looking forward to the sessions for this main purpose. I think this forum has proved to be a different experience from the rest and I pray it stays that way.

Stuff by me
Create Eye Pop
How to make colors POP in your photos
So you want to start a business Part1 & Part 2

Basics of Photography
  #16    Top
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Junior VIP Member
Well, this is a pretty small community, and, beyond our screen names, we have no real "anonymity" (we don't know one another's names and addresses, but there's not much room for random trolling). I used to log into chat rooms now and then, and had varied experiences doing so. Let's hope this one turns out OK; if it doesn't, we can always just stop visiting it.
  #17    Top
Old June 5th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Junior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Splash of red
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Hmmm. I didn't know there was a chat room. Oops. Anywho, talking about stuff would be nice.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner