Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old February 27th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church

This Spanish colonial revival sanctuary in Boerne, TX., looks as though it's been there for centuries, but is of modern construction. I think it is spectacular:

#2    Top
Old February 27th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Dark-Eyed Junco
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church

Love your B&W vision here, serves the architecture well. I would have thought it a structure with many years on it. Beautiful building.
  #3    Top
Old February 27th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Thank you for the kind words.
  #4    Top
Old February 27th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Account Disabled
Recent Photo: Buick '55
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

It DOES look quite old and thus charming. I'm curious as to whether the façade is actual stone or concrete texturized and colored to appear as such....they can do some incredible things nowadays.

B&W was a good choice although I'd prefer a bit more room (near merge!) at the top of the 1st and a bit of perspective correction.
  #5    Top
Old February 27th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Premiere Member

Thanks, Russ. I took a close look and it's the real deal. We were trying to get home before dark, so I only spent a few minutes. I want to go back and see if I can take some interiors - and the other buildings in the complex are ultra-modern iterations of the genre which deserve exploration. This is an extremely active parish and I have little doubt a polite and respectful approach by photographers will pay dividends.
  #6    Top
Old February 27th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Elite VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPremiere Project of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins the Premiere Project of the Year contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Another real nice conversion, I do agree with Russ about the cross in the first one, I think when you add a border with Topaz it actually cuts into your image
  #7    Top
Old February 27th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Recent Photo: Horses In Winter

I would have thought years, perhaps centuries old. Looks like some of the churches we saw on a recent trip to Guatemala. Like both.

Some people are only as happy as they make up their minds to be.
Sponsors
  #8    Top
Old March 1st, 2014, 12:56 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I think your choice of black and white really brings out the shape and texture of the church. It works really well here.

flickr Photostream
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places