Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old October 1st, 2015, 12:59 PM
New Strap Advice Welcome

I'm mulling over strap choices for my new 6D. I've only used various neck straps over the decades but I'm now considering the single-point types, with BlackRapid and Custom SLR being the primary contenders at the moment. I also want to use a tripod QD plate that will work with the strap, like those from the strap makers (BR is releasing one later this month) or from another like Fusion Photo Gear. I'm interested in opinions and experiences from those who use(d) them.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all.[/i] Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)
  #2    Top
Old October 1st, 2015, 02:09 PM
Re: New Strap Advice Welcome

I am a huge fan of the Matin fast access strap, by far my favorite. The JJC is another really good one in opinion.

Website | Gear
Sponsors
  #3    Top
Old October 6th, 2015, 10:03 AM

Thanks. I wasn't familiar with those but neither seemed as well suited for use with a tripod QR plate. I discovered that my local camera monger carries BlackRapid products at the same prices I found online, so I picked up the Curve and their fastener ring that allows me to use my existing tripod QR with it.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all.[/i] Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)
  #4    Top
Old October 6th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

I'm partial to a cotton carrier vest
  #5    Top
Old October 8th, 2015, 07:05 AM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I've been using the spider pro. It's a belt and your camera sits on your side. It has a plate that can be used with a tripod. I hate straps around my neck. This suits my purpose.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment