Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old May 25th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Premiere Member
Health and Safety

We're big here in the UK on H&S - people like nothing better then to chase an ambulance at every opportunity.

You'll all be pleased to know that I most assuredly do NOT subscribe to the crazy politically correct cult.

Yes, that IS an electric lawnmower left out in the rain.

Oops.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mower_640.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	64013  

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Gadget list
  #2    Top
Old May 26th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
This reminds me of the guy in my neighborhood last week. He was cutting his lawn, and it was starting to rain. Never did check to see if he got zapped or not.
Visit me here..Room57
  #3    Top
Old May 26th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Premiere Member
LOL!

Leaving an electric mower in the rain is one thing, you can take it inside and leave it to dry and it should be fine.

USING an electric mower in the rain is a whole new level of Darwinism :oD !!

Check out The Darwin Awards for some real classics ;o)

Gadget list
Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old May 26th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Trigger Happy Fella
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Wow! Madness! Do they get a thrill outta doing that? I'll stick to beer and ciggies instead.

Btw, you mentioned ' people like nothing better then to chase an ambulance at every opportunity'. Pardon my blurness but what do you mean?
  #5    Top
Old May 26th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Premiere Member
Happy to enlighten...

'Ambulance Chasers' are typically 'no win no fee' type lawyers who think they can profit from some mishap. In the UK (and elsewhere I'm sure) there's also plenty of people who get excited at the prospect of maybe being able to sue someone/something and profit from it too and will then go and bother a lawyer (usually no win no fee type cos god forbid they may have to pay for something) and see if there's a chance they can make some cash.

Typical examples are:

Tripped over a badly seated paving slab - sue the town council instead of watch where you're going

Slip on a wet patch in a supermarket - sue the company

Dog died while trying to dry it in the microwave - sue the manufacturer for not having 'dont put pets in here' sticker

You get the idea :o)

NWNF lawyers are the scourge of the earth as they encourage mindless spurious claims for stuff as there's no financial risk for the claimant involved. They're probably also the root cause of the rise of crazy political correctness as people try to sue other people for saying 'shortie' instead of 'vertically challenged' in reference to ... well.. shorties (non-tall people). I heard recently of a woman who had been hit by a car (or her car had, i.e. she was the 'victim' in the scenario) of being told off by a police officer for pointing out the woman who had hit her as 'the fat one over there'. She got 'warned' about the use of the word 'fat' which, as the woman presumably was fat, is crazy - it's a statement of fact after all. Can't see how 'overweight' or 'obese' could have been any 'kinder'...

Anyway now you have waaaaaay too much information about Ambulance Chasers... LOL!!

Gadget list
  #6    Top
Old May 30th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
The people a couple houses down from me are different. About once every week
they cut their yard, IN THE DARK! One walks around with the lawnmower and the other walks around with a flashlight! You can't tell me thats not weird and dangerous!?
  #7    Top
Old May 30th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Premiere Member
OMG that's sooo creepy!

Gadget list
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things