Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Product Reviews

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old October 22nd, 2009, 12:25 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Cotton Carrier

Product Review: Cotton Carrier
  #2    Top
Old October 22nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Cotton Carrier

Thanks for getting this posted so quickly Tim. If anyone has any questions about the Cotton Carrier don't hesitate to ask and I will do what I can to help.
  #3    Top
Old October 22nd, 2009, 01:15 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: streets on 35mm
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Nice idea for a product and great idea but to be honest i dont think id ever pick one up which begs me to ask some questions Scott.

will the camera stay in it when you are running? i tend to run alot when im working or taking photographs in gereal and i can see this easily slipping out - prove me wrong of course

but even the slightest knock upwards or to the side could send your camera flying...

Second thing is, the look of it - nah. no way. not a chance. im not a soldier, i dont use a gun and my camera dosent need a holster.

but my main point was about running around with this thing on - comfortable? safe? will the camera stay in? If the camera slides out as easy as it goes in there is no reason for a slight knock in a crowd that the thing will go flying. Or even if you have to unlock it for it to come out - thats far worse, you'd miss a mile unlocking and locking cameras to yourself.

I can definatley see this working for portrait photographers but for the likes of weddings, hiking up to get a landscape or street photography - id have to know for sure the camera is safely not going to pop out.
  #4    Top
Old October 22nd, 2009, 01:28 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Good questions Kevin. The camera inserts are grooved so the camera has to be at a certain position before it can slide out. I have mine set so I have to turn the camera at a 90 degree angle before it will release. It's actually surprisingly quick and easy. I would feel completely comfortable running, hiking or even riding a bike with it.

As per the looks theres not much I can say except I personally could care less what it looks like, so long as it make my job easier. If you ever see someone using one, as to give it a try and I bet you will want one after that.
  #5    Top
Old October 22nd, 2009, 01:37 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: streets on 35mm
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott111184 View Post
As per the looks theres not much I can say except I personally could care less what it looks like, so long as it make my job easier. If you ever see someone using one, as to give it a try and I bet you will want one after that.
well ya know me...always looookin goooood
  #6    Top
Old October 22nd, 2009, 01:46 PM
Premiere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Griffin View Post
well ya know me...always looookin goooood
I look good no matter what I wear, its a gift I have.
Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Product Reviews