Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old October 9th, 2014, 04:53 AM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Just A Bit Wide

I bloody well wish I had a Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8 but made do with my 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5. Had to crank up the ISO in the dim light though.
My Gear
  #2    Top
Old October 9th, 2014, 04:56 AM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Just A Bit Wide

...and some more hockey stuff:

Chris is getting good at turning crossovers in hockey.
My Gear
Sponsors
  #3    Top
Old October 9th, 2014, 06:12 AM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Nice timing on that 1st shot. Good job.
  #4    Top
Old October 9th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Senior VIP Member

Caught it just as it swept past the goaltender's glove. And considering the ISO I was shooting at ISO 2500, It was starting to get grainy (the lighting SUCKS at Excellent Ice). I was shooting at f/3.8 or f/4.2 with an Nikon 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 - not sure which, but I was wide open as far as I could get for the focal length. I'm thinking maybe next time, I'll just take my 50mm f/1.8 instead. According to the head team parent, I am now the official Gameday/Practice Day photographer of the Surrey Flyers Peewee Hockey Club.

- My evil plan is to sell the photos I take to the parents. ~evil laughter~ If I sell 100 photos at 8x10...I'll have enough for...gas for the car for two weeks.

a) I need a second body for the 50mm f/1.8 so I'm hunting around for a second D300s and my primary will seat the 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII
b) I really should get myself a 14-24mm f/2.8 (I'm going to need it for landscapes anyways - and do I really need another excuse to buy the second of the Holy Trinity of Nikon Lenses?) - the other I have my eye on is the Nikon 24-70mm also in f/2.8.

What I really need is to win the lottery. There...problem solved.
My Gear

Last edited by The_Animal; October 9th, 2014 at 08:27 AM.
  #5    Top
Old October 10th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Recent Photo: WAYLA? Tighter Crop
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital2006 View Post
Nice timing on that 1st shot. Good job.
I was thinking the same thing. You did what you could with what you had, and I think it paid off. It's a little grainy, but it's not bad, and if anything it adds to the intensity of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Animal View Post
Caught it just as it swept past the goaltender's glove. And considering the ISO I was shooting at ISO 2500, It was starting to get grainy (the lighting SUCKS at Excellent Ice). I was shooting at f/3.8 or f/4.2 with an Nikon 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 - not sure which, but I was wide open as far as I could get for the focal length. I'm thinking maybe next time, I'll just take my 50mm f/1.8 instead. According to the head team parent, I am now the official Gameday/Practice Day photographer of the Surrey Flyers Peewee Hockey Club.

- My evil plan is to sell the photos I take to the parents. ~evil laughter~ If I sell 100 photos at 8x10...I'll have enough for...gas for the car for two weeks.

a) I need a second body for the 50mm f/1.8 so I'm hunting around for a second D300s and my primary will seat the 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII
b) I really should get myself a 14-24mm f/2.8 (I'm going to need it for landscapes anyways - and do I really need another excuse to buy the second of the Holy Trinity of Nikon Lenses?) - the other I have my eye on is the Nikon 24-70mm also in f/2.8.

What I really need is to win the lottery. There...problem solved.
We both need to win the lottery...I actually did the math once when I lived in Buffalo (saw the billboard every day on the way into work)...even winning the $12 million base prize w/ half going to taxes...I'd still be set for life...I could pay off my student loans, my wife's student loans, my car loan, buy my wife a new car (her's is being held together with crud and duct tape at this point), set aside some for the boyo for college, some for my nieces for college, and then throw 1/3 of what's left into savings, 1/3rd into stocks and bonds and/or mutual funds, and 1/3rd to buy new/extra equipment and travel.

My Blog "The Darkroom"
Ian Kuhn Photography
  #6    Top
Old October 13th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

It is really great to see some sport images as they are a challenge, especially in low light situations.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things