Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old May 7th, 2015, 10:33 PM
Senior VIP Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Excited to get back into taking pix again.

Well i got tired of my D80 and decided to pick up another camera. I was looking at getting a D800 and after reading and talking with togs who have the camera, I've decided to go with the D700. I've owned this camera when they first came out and it is a great camera but I gave it to my son.
So I'm here waiting on the camera, a digital shutter release, a new speedlight, picked up a ballhead manfrotto tripod, and a variable ND and a ND4 to stack on the variable. The ND filters are glass but on the cheap side, If I do end up liking what I see I'll be looking at a set of Lee stoppers.
i'll be a posting shots again soon!!!
Sponsors
  #2    Top
Old May 7th, 2015, 10:51 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: Excited to get back into taking pix again.

Glad to see you're getting back in the saddle. Just curious though if you have thought about the D750....the upgrade of the D700.
  #3    Top
Old May 7th, 2015, 11:20 PM
Senior VIP Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Yea, I looked at the 750, 800, and I was thinking that I really didn't need all those MP's. I'll see how I do with this camera for now and go from there.
  #4    Top
Old May 7th, 2015, 11:47 PM
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

I wasn't thinking about the extra megapixels....my thoughts were on ISO performance.
  #5    Top
Old May 8th, 2015, 12:29 AM
Senior VIP Member

I bet the ISO on them bodies are crazy good. Thats one of the reasons I love the D700 was because of the low light performance.
  #6    Top
Old May 8th, 2015, 12:46 AM

Well to put it in your favorite terms "Its just crackin' "
  #7    Top
Old May 8th, 2015, 08:45 PM
Senior VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiledogs View Post
Well to put it in your favorite terms "Its just crackin' "
LOL, I guess I just picked it up from all the UK photography forums I've been on over the years. "Crackin photo"

Heres my first shot with it @ISO10000 It's raining outside so I'll take some better shots as weather permits.

MTC_0775_DxO by Manuel "Manny" Canseco, on Flickr
  #8    Top
Old May 8th, 2015, 09:22 PM

Nice and clean. You don't need to tell me about the weather today....nothin but steady drizzle with heavy showers.....You got anything in the fair this year?
  #9    Top
Old May 8th, 2015, 11:24 PM
Senior VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiledogs View Post
Nice and clean. You don't need to tell me about the weather today....nothin but steady drizzle with heavy showers.....You got anything in the fair this year?
Yea, I so want to try some long exposure shots...crappy weather And what's this about the fair? Del Mar?
  #10    Top
Old May 9th, 2015, 01:08 AM

Yeah I had 2 accepted this year and was wondering if you entered some of your portraits.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment