Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Member Introductions

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old April 8th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Too Far
Recent Photo: Thristy 2
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Hi from Australia

Hi, not sure what I am doing. I've never even veiwed a forum. Anyway, I'm from Australia and have just discovered photography and still at the very early stages of learning, but I love it. I only have a Kodak DX6490 but will hopefully upgrade when I get a little better at photography. Any advise about how to find my way around this site would be great thanks. Andy
  #2    Top
Old April 8th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Hi there, just thought i'd point out the crazy similarities, i just joined today as well and i'm just learning about photography and i have never joined a forum before and i'm from Australia. just thought it was pretty crazy
ps. and sorry can't help you around the site cos i have no idea what i'm doing either!
  #3    Top
Old April 8th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Premiere Member
Well hey how's it going? I spent 6 months in your beautiful country. Wish i could of stayed longer. Weclcome to the corner. Look forward to seeing your work.
  #4    Top
Old April 8th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Too Far
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thank you Lelo and Cowtown_1. I hope I can learn lots from here, I need it! Where are you from Cowtown_1?
  #5    Top
Old April 8th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Premiere Member
Hi Andy,

Welcome to the corner, Australia is my most favorite place in the world.
  #6    Top
Old April 8th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Too Far
Thanks BlueDolphin. Yep me too, although I've never been anywhere else. Where are you from? As a beginner or wannabe photographer, I hoping to get some direction from here. I really know nothing about photography, but I'm ready to learn, so thank you for the welcome.
  #7    Top
Old April 8th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Premiere Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
Thanks BlueDolphin. Yep me too, although I've never been anywhere else. Where are you from? As a beginner or wannabe photographer, I hoping to get some direction from here. I really know nothing about photography, but I'm ready to learn, so thank you for the welcome.

I currently live in NC, but have been to, Sydney, (Brisbaine, airport only), Townsville, Magnetic Island, Perth, Broom, Kimberly, Kunanura, and Darwin, then I had to come home. Whirlwind 3 week trip with 1 week on a dive boat out of Townsville.

Good luck with your photography, it can be addictive and the more you get into it the picker you become about the photographs you produce.
  #8    Top
Old April 8th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Too Far
You've been to more places in Australia than me. I lived in Sydney for a few years, loved it. It's nice were I am now though. If you have ever seen the movie "Picnic At Hanging Rock" which was bad, thats basically were I live. And you are right, photography is addictive, I've only just started and can't stop. Now I've come to the important part, taking photo's instead of just snapshots.
  #9    Top
Old April 8th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Premiere Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
. Now I've come to the important part, taking photo's instead of just snapshots.

Exactly! Knowing that you are on the right track
  #10    Top
Old April 8th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Too Far
That's what I thought BlueDolphin. Going to bed now, it's almost 1.30 here. I have posted 3 pics, which I am not sure why I did that really, they were taken a while ago and I have learnt so much since then. A little embarrassing really. If you have time, I would love some critism. Anyway, goodnight!
(2 in landscapes, 1 in portraits)
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Member Introductions