Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old May 9th, 2017, 11:27 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Global for OrvSal

I haven't posted here in a while, but Orv gave me some inspiration, so thanks Orv.
Your global stuff got me experimenting with some different approaches.
First is a water scene done straight up. With just a little cloning over the seam.

This one is just straight up of the fountain at the WW2 memorial in D.C. It looks a little like a face sticking its tongue out.

It occurred to me that it might be interesting to do a mirror image of a single shot and apply the polar coordinates filter to that. First is at Arlington Cemetery, the second is of a railroad bridge over a creek near where I live.

I saw somewhere else where someone applied it to a closeup/macro of some flowers, so I tried it too.

And this is a mirror image of closeup of an Iris.

Finally, here is a link to a slideshow of all of the ones I did in an obsessive flurry. Thank you Orv. http://s433.photobucket.com/user/mrc...aglobal?sort=9
and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin
Sponsors
  #2    Top
Old May 9th, 2017, 12:34 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Global for OrvSal

I'm so glad to see you have a blast with a new project like this. I would love to see the original image that you started out with on a few of these. My work has kept me from spending time "playing" and having fun just for enjoyments sake. I tooo can't post often so I end up using something shot with the phone.

I'm 74+ and hope to retire someday and play....... don't know if it will ever happen.

Thanks for sharing these, they are really good, interesting to look closely at them.

#3    Top
Old May 11th, 2017, 05:57 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: DSC_1886

Wow Chile, I haven't been around for a while, and these seem much different from what I remember you doing. They're all good, but 3, 4, and 6 are spectacular. They look like a cross between some alien form of insect, and a Rorschach test. great work. pith
  #4    Top
Old May 13th, 2017, 12:08 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I hear you on the work thing. I figure on dying with a woodworking tool in my hand. Here's the first one Orv, pre-globalized.

And the last. Most of these were from old pics from previous years. Some were already posted at websize some time ago.
If I get some time, I'll try to do the others so you can see them in their original form.
George Carlin
  #5    Top
Old May 13th, 2017, 12:16 PM
Premiere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pith View Post
Wow Chile, I haven't been around for a while, and these seem much different from what I remember you doing. They're all good, but 3, 4, and 6 are spectacular. They look like a cross between some alien form of insect, and a Rorschach test. great work. pith
Thanks Pith. I never really did much of this before, but I remeber this being a minor sensation back at that old forum when things were lively there. I don't remember who started it, but I think there was a tutorial. I tried it but soon forgot about doing it, until I saw an ad recently, then Orv's post really got me interested again. I even set up an action on PS to do it faster.
George Carlin
  #6    Top
Old May 13th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

OK Thanks for posting a few shots before processing, it give me a better idea of what will work best for this. It's good to see Pith on here too, anyone from that part of NY always has good memories for me.
  #7    Top
Old May 13th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: DSC_1886

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchile View Post
Thanks Pith. I never really did much of this before, but I remeber this being a minor sensation back at that old forum when things were lively there. I don't remember who started it, but I think there was a tutorial. I tried it but soon forgot about doing it, until I saw an ad recently, then Orv's post really got me interested again. I even set up an action on PS to do it faster.
You must have refined things a lot since Pop or I think I would have remembered, these are good. Not that they wouldn't have been before but these are another level pith
  #8    Top
Old May 15th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Parakeets
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

They are fantastic. How did you do this?
  #9    Top
Old May 16th, 2017, 04:42 PM
Premiere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen View Post
They are fantastic. How did you do this?
Thank you Soumen. I did it with Photoshop.
There is a filter called polar coordinates.
There are several things you must do to your image before applying it to get this effect.
If you are interested, I can write a tutorial and post it for you, and anyone else who might be interested.
George Carlin
  #10    Top
Old May 31st, 2017, 09:33 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Late as usual in joining in but I remember playing with this filter several years back, the subject was a Customized 1956 Buick. I thought it made an interesting Happy Face. It's located in my Abstract-Digital-Paint Album here on the Corner. Yes I still use the Galleries area here...

PS: I really enjoy the subject matter, design and composition of No. 3 and would not hesitate making a print and hanging it on my wall. "Beautiful Realism Abstract".

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places