Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old October 27th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Senior VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Total Lunar eclipse tonight

Quote:
Oct 27, 2004 - If you’re looking up at the sky tonight and thinking the moon looks unusually colourful, you’re not just seeing things. A total lunar eclipse, which occurs when the entire moon passes through the Earth’s inner shadow or umbra, will make the moon appear anything from bright orange to blood red to dark brown.
The eclipse is expected to begin around 9:14 p.m. EDT and end around 12:54 a.m. EDT. Weather permitting, the eclipse will be visible across Canada and the rest of North America, South America, Europe, Africa and Antarctica.

It will be the last eclipse of 2004 and the last total lunar eclipse until 2007. The eclipse will be safe to view with the naked eye. And if you own a pair of binoculars, besides magnifying the view, they will make the colour range brighter and easier to see.

Get yer cameras and long lenses out Too bad it's kinda cloudy here.
  #2    Top
Old October 27th, 2004, 04:28 PM
The Chief
I'm ready, but not too sure that Oregon will be lucky enough to see it... High cloud cover at present, and think we are stuck with it for a few more days...

The darkest moments of human history have always had silence on their side. (Sr. Joan Chittister, OSB March 24 2005)
  #3    Top
Old October 27th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Damn! I knew the moon was all funny looking. My bf told me it was "just clouds"
  #4    Top
Old October 27th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Senior VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Damn clouds, I did catch the first part of the partial eclipse so far though. Don't think I will be able to catch the total eclipse.

Crappy quality because they are 100% crops and shooting through clouds...I need a big *** telephoto...
  #5    Top
Old October 28th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Filmaholic
Recent Photo: Spike
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Well, when you work in a basement with no windows and don't get off until 12:30 am, you kinda miss things like this!

So I'm counting on you guys to show me some great shots!
Pictures, regardless of how they are created and recreated, are intended to be looked at. This brings to the forefront not the technology of imaging, which of course is important, but rather what we might call the eyenology (seeing).
-Henri Cartier-Bresson
  #6    Top
Old October 28th, 2004, 12:54 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Yeah, I wish I had a camera with me when I saw it... those shots look good to me, Rob!

Anyone else catch some shots of it?
  #7    Top
Old October 28th, 2004, 02:37 AM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Not me, I wish I had a bada$$ lens tho, If I did I would have been out there. Apparrently Lakeside, MT (where I live) Is one of the prime locations to view it
  #8    Top
Old October 28th, 2004, 06:03 PM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I saw it from my classroom. It was beautiful! Very purple. I haven't touched my camera in weeks though. Sniff.
Sponsors
  #9    Top
Old October 28th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Premiere Member
You best not neglect that 10D
  #10    Top
Old October 28th, 2004, 11:00 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
You have a 10D and you AREN'T using it????? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU???? Ya know, if you can't give that baby the attention it needs, I can take it off your hands for ya!!!

Having computer problems? Want to help other people with their computer problems?
JOIN THE SUPPORT FORUM!!!!

Love to Travel? JOIN YOUR TRAVEL FORUM!!
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner