Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old February 7th, 2005, 08:09 PM
High Country

#2    Top
Old February 7th, 2005, 08:36 PM
By His Grace
Recent Photo: Sunrise on the Beach
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSpecial Contribution Award: This award is given for extremely dedicated work towards the growth and success of PhotographyCorner. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I immediately liked this shot when I opened the thread. Nice composition, the low lying fog looks great. Good exposure.
  #3    Top
Old February 7th, 2005, 09:10 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
There's something in the sky - a dark spot - in the left side... and, imo, there's a bit too much empty sky.. but yes, excellent exposure... the fog looks great.
  #4    Top
Old February 7th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the comments, guys. Tim, I don't see the dark spot on my monitor. I think you're right about too much sky. Thanks for the input...Eli
  #5    Top
Old February 7th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Babraham Lincoln
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Quote:
There's something in the sky - a dark spot

I see it too. I wiped off the monitor and it is still there. It is very hard to see though.
I think this spicture is beautiful.
  #6    Top
Old February 7th, 2005, 11:39 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
It's about an inch and a half above teh 2nd tree from the left... about a 1/3 od an inch in diameter.
  #7    Top
Old February 8th, 2005, 03:21 AM
Some Guy
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Good shot.

As for the crop, less sky might be the solution, but I wonder if just using an ND type effect on the whiter/greyer parts in the distance would save you having to go take the shot again...
  #8    Top
Old February 8th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Leptokurotic- What's a ND type effect? Bear in mind that I'm a rank amateur. A few terms are still alien to me...Eli
  #9    Top
Old February 8th, 2005, 09:06 AM
The Godfather
Recent Photo: Some shots from 2010
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Love the shot, made a couple of adjustments, see if you like, but it's great just as it is.

<edit by drlynn: removed photo. Please refer to the Critique Corner Guidelines. Thanks. >
  #10    Top
Old February 8th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Some Guy
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
What's a ND type effect?
In landscapes people often use a graduated neutral density filter so that the light in the sky is closer to matching the light on the ground. If you don't use one, and the sky isn't burned out of the photo, you can replicate the effect of using this type of filter in Photoshop/ GIMP. I'd be happy to do a tutorial on this if anyone would be interested.