Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Animals

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old January 16th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Some Birdies

Good Day,

One thing I can tell you about bird photography - especially the smaller type - it can be the most frustrating, yet most rewarding of all the photography schools.

You have to be quick on the shutter, quick behind the camera while trying to maintain a good exposure and depth of field.

I've been on other sites where the images were good, however, shot with ISO's in the stratosphere. Personally, I was taught to shoot as low ISO as possible always. It serves two purposes #1 Image quality and #2 process time.

These others justified the high ISO with requiring fast shutter - I get that, but, not ONE of them have ever printed their images. The slightest noise is easily and readily picked up by printers. I sell quite a bit regularly, so I take the same approach to birds as I would a people shoot. Low ISO, fastest shutter that maintains exposure and F2 or F4.

Anyway.. enough rants. I like all that I'm seeing here so I thought I'll post a few of my own.
Couple of one of 3 Female Cardinals we have frequent the yard, and a Blue Jay.

Thanks for looking / comments / crits...

screen capture windows

free pic

image url

photo upload
  #2    Top
Old January 22nd, 2017, 06:17 PM
Recent Photo: mrchile - Peony
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Re: Some Birdies

Nice and sharp, great color. The branches show them in their natural habitat, but some of them tend to be distracting. Overall though, I like them. Great job!
  #3    Top
Old January 23rd, 2017, 05:24 AM

Very good capture it is! Specially the first and 3rd capture is just perfect!
Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old January 23rd, 2017, 08:18 AM

chellezfotoz, thank you for the kind words. Yes, I'm in the process ( with the recent warmer weather ) of finally taking out the branches on this tree. It's been something I've been noodling with for a couple years now. Just base it off where the birds are landing before coming to the feeders, it always changes LOL.

The cardinals though, are pretty sketchy and untrusting so they like to hang back when they know I'm out there. The females are a tad more comfy but the males stay clear away when they know I'm there. I agree though that, yea ( sigh ) the branches do keep these from being a lot better I believe. Thank you for the input.

shumi31, I am glad you like the images, thank you very much
  #5    Top
Old February 27th, 2017, 03:46 AM

The last one would be my picks here because you got better focus on the bird..........well done
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Animals