Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Landscapes

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old February 14th, 2014, 03:31 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Ice Cafe
Forgotten

I finally got myself a wide angle lens (Canon 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5) and I took it with me to the beach just before winter. I found this old rusted anchor, and I wanted to get a picture of it with the sea in the background, but this angle, with the power plant, seemed to be the best angle with the sun at that time of day. The sun peeking out through the heavy clouds, and it created this eery affect I thought was cool. Let me know what you think.

10mm
ISO 100
1/160 sec.
f/5.6

2013_12 071hdrBorder by mauimanmike, on Flickr
  #2    Top
Old February 17th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: All Alone
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: Forgotten

Great find and nicely captured!
You don't take a photograph, you make it. ~Ansel Adams

And now I know the real Mike Dorn too!
Sponsors
  #3    Top
Old February 26th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Recent Photo: mrchile - Peony
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

I love the foreground interest and the texture and color of it! I see you even captured a paw print.
  #4    Top
Old February 27th, 2014, 02:14 AM
Premiere Member

Thank you, both, for commenting. I was a little bummed about the footprints and paw prints. I was going for a more desolate, abandoned feel... but what can you do.
  #5    Top
Old February 27th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiman View Post
Thank you, both, for commenting. I was a little bummed about the footprints and paw prints. I was going for a more desolate, abandoned feel... but what can you do.
I like the paw prints...Shots like this make me think of the Salton Sea area and Bombay Beach..I also love the clouds in this shot.
  #6    Top
Old March 1st, 2014, 07:49 PM
Lunatic Lensman
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

nicely done! has a definite "Mad Max" post-apocalyptic feel to it, and the footprints don't detract noticeably at all.

"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
~ Three Dog Night

http://www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  #7    Top
Old March 2nd, 2014, 11:28 AM
Premiere Member

Thank you, Rocky and Agiledogs! I got some cool pictures of sun rays coming out of the clouds on the same day, but this was my favorite.