Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old April 17th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Elite Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Easter Lily - Back Lit

This is a black and white version of a Easter Lily I shot.

10D ISO 100, 24-70 2.8L lens. Back lit with a 160 ws monolight with a snoot on it.

Mike
  #2    Top
Old April 17th, 2006, 01:08 AM
Elite Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Here is a high key vesion of the same Easter Lily. The background light was a monolight softbox.

Mike
  #3    Top
Old April 17th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Too Far
Recent Photo: Thristy 2
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
These are really beautiful shots. The lighting and detail is fanastic. Really love them both!
Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old April 17th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Hippy Chick
Recent Photo: 102_3756
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Oh wow so cool with the black background..Flowers are such a challenge with all the deatils they have, you got it perfect here.Rosie
  #5    Top
Old April 17th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Destiny
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
These are so cool! Can't decide which one I like more - but love the composition and tones on both. Great job!

follow me on Facebook & twitter
  #6    Top
Old April 17th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Elite Member
Thanks Andy, Rosie and Fa1sal.

I'm partial to the black one, but the high key one I find interesting. I love shooting the Lilys and am glad that it's spring time and they are coming out again. Oregon is the Easter Lily capital of the world but I've not seen to many in the stores around here yet. They've probably been sending most of them off to other places.

Thanks again.

Mike
  #7    Top
Old April 17th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Canadian Edition
Recent Photo: Iceberg #4
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Beautiful Mike, I like how the light burst through on the first shot.
  #8    Top
Old April 17th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Silent Screamer
Recent Photo: Mr. Confused
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I love the first image, it is stunning, both images have an individual beauty,impressive work.

EVERYTHING LOOKS PERFECT FROM FAR AWAY
  #9    Top
Old April 17th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Elite Member
Thanks Dave and Terri.

Mike
  #10    Top
Old April 17th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Elite Member
Those two shots seem to compliment eachother perfectly! I could see those both in frames, side-by-side. Great work, can't say I've seen such use of lighting on a flower before