Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old September 13th, 2006, 07:31 AM
The Southern Yankee
Recent Photo: Sweet Magnolia
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Forgotten

This is an image I am thinking of submitting for an "abandoned properties" theme for my local camera club monthly contest. I would post the EXIF data for it, but that's on my computer at home. Thoughts? Ways to improve?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Forgotten-web.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	32637  
Nikon 50mm f/1.8
Nikon 12-24 f.4.0 G ED DX
Nikon 80-400 f/4.5-5.6 ED VR

www.judybruner.com
  #2    Top
Old September 13th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Vernal Equinox
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Just a couple of thoughts to share. First, the crop seems too tight for my tastes but that being said I have no idea if you were able to or wanted to capture more of the scene. The second is the sky is blown out although it's not a big part of the shot. I'd certainly enter it in the contest though I really like the old logs in the forground and how the weeds seem to be overtaking the house. It really seems appropriate for the theme of the contest.

Moderator Emeritus

Great photographs are never taken they are created.
Sponsors
  #3    Top
Old September 13th, 2006, 12:03 PM
At first I wanted an even tighter crop to get rid of the busy bushes in front, I wanted to take like two steps forward, but knowing it's for an abandoned property contest makes me love that the logs and bushes are there. like DDAY said, it's got a swallowed by the woods feeling. Although, I would still like a bit tighter so that the focus is more on the house. perhaps if you crop out the huge bushytree on the left and a little from the bottom. If nothing try it and see what you think. Great photo!
1 Thessalonians 5:16 "Be joyful always."
http://www.xanga.com/brownmandms
  #4    Top
Old September 14th, 2006, 04:50 AM
The Southern Yankee
Recent Photo: Sweet Magnolia
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks so much, both of you. I'll definitely play with the crop a bit and see what I turn up.
Nikon 50mm f/1.8
Nikon 12-24 f.4.0 G ED DX
Nikon 80-400 f/4.5-5.6 ED VR

www.judybruner.com
  #5    Top
Old September 14th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Premiere Member
I like the way the logs give a framing affect, their at a nice angle to lead your eyes to the house. Black and white perhaps eliminates some distraction. I like it.

John
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places