Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks > Allentown, PA

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old February 3rd, 2012, 04:59 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Brother
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Next Allentown Meetup Planning on HOLD

Hi everyone. I have to put all plans for another meetup on hold indefinitely.

My husband has contracted Legionnaire's Disease, a type of pneumonia. It's a daily battle for survival right now as he's developed complications. We went away to celebrate our anniversary and his birthday and he got sick.

Please pray for him and send healing thoughts his way. He's been in the hospital for 12 days and on a breathing machine for the last 10. Once he is well enough to leave the hospital, he may need to go to a nursing home or rehab hospital. But, that may be quite a while from now.
Allentown, PA Corner Meetup!
I know the REAL Mike Dorn!!
  #2    Top
Old February 3rd, 2012, 07:19 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: All Alone
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: Next Allentown Meetup Planning on HOLD

So sorry to hear about hubby! Sending you and your husband good thoughts! Hang in there TJ!
You don't take a photograph, you make it. ~Ansel Adams

And now I know the real Mike Dorn too!
  #3    Top
Old February 3rd, 2012, 08:19 PM
Junior VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Tj so sorry to hear this. I'm sending tons of healing thoughts and strength to your husband and you.
  #4    Top
Old February 5th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Premiere Member

T I'm sorry to hear of your hubbys illness, praying for a speedy recovery.
  #5    Top
Old February 5th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Rebecca

Sorry to here this bad news. Will be praying for his recovery!!
  #6    Top
Old February 5th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Recent Photo: mrchile - Peony
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

I am so sorry to hear this TJ. Focus your energy on him...the rest of us can wait.
Thoughts and prayers for his recovery.
  #7    Top
Old February 5th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Brother
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Marty is off the ventilator as of 9:30 this morning so that's a BIG step toward recovery! He's talking and already asking to eat and go home. He'll be in the hospital for possibly another full week or so. Doctors here are saying he had a very bad case of Legionnaires's Disease and they are thrilled to see he has rebounded this well and this quickly!

Thank you for the well wishes. I'll pass them along to him and I'll keep you posted on his progress.

And, please be sure to read up on this illness if you are planning on traveling anywhere! Unlike other strains of pneumonia, this disease attacks not only the lungs but the brain, muscle function, kidneys, and intestinal tract. Most people recover fully in a few months, but it's not uncommon to take a full year to recover.
Allentown, PA Corner Meetup!
I know the REAL Mike Dorn!!

Last edited by Tj_Delikat; February 5th, 2012 at 07:59 PM.
  #8    Top
Old February 5th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Tj - please pass along my wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery. And some for you too, to help ease the tension and anxiety that I know you must feel. Keep us posted, okey-dokey?

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
Sponsors
  #9    Top
Old February 6th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Tj..my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hope your husband gets well real soon.
  #10    Top
Old February 6th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara Falls sunset
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Sorry to hear about your husband's illness TJ, and I wish him a full and speedy recovery!

My Smugmug
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks > Allentown, PA