Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > People

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old March 11th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Easley Cabin 2017
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
2 from Saturday

It was opening day for the Novato Little League and the last game of the season for 1st Grade Basketball.

Very first game Jr. T-Baller's (1st year players, generally 5 year olds).

Hurry Shoot ~ Last basketball game for these little guys. It was fun watching them play.

#2    Top
Old March 11th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: Gypsy
Re: 2 from Saturday

I love that first image! The expression and pose are priceless, lol. Same with the kid's expression in the second one.
My only gripe is with the first image; to me, those highlights are way too overexposed, causing very distracting bright spots. I understand shooting that time of day can be tricky, but perhaps a slower aperture could help tone it down.
  #3    Top
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanOstergren View Post
I love that first image! The expression and pose are priceless, lol. Same with the kid's expression in the second one.
My only gripe is with the first image; to me, those highlights are way too overexposed, causing very distracting bright spots. I understand shooting that time of day can be tricky, but perhaps a slower aperture could help tone it down.
Unfortunately you are on the money with the blown area in the T-Ball photo, the original is agout 2 stops over. Not much one can do if one is not willing to take the time to paint down these hot spots. But The expression and the batting postion out weighed this sad technicallity for me. This was the first time at bat in a game for these litlle guys (this is my youngst grandsons team). The shooter in the basketball game is from my middle grandsons team. The expressions cracked me up.
  #4    Top
Old March 11th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Junior VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

I love the expressions on the boys faces. Absolutely priceless.
  #5    Top
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

The first one is a great capture Jerry...I would love to see the expression on his children's faces when he shows them this shot lol.
  #6    Top
Old March 12th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Elite VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPremiere Project of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins the Premiere Project of the Year contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

both images are very entertaining Jerry
  #7    Top
Old March 12th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Premiere Member

Thanks You All and glad you found the expressions worthy of a comment. ~ jerrywb
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > People