Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old May 27th, 2015, 12:14 AM
Premiere Member
Memory card issues

Ignore the weird face that my husband is making but should I scrap the memory card that this file was on? It's the only one of the set that did this. It makes me think my card might be going bad. Thoughts?! Advice?!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0902 sm.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	844.7 KB
ID:	93298  

www.clarajeromephotography.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
  #2    Top
Old May 27th, 2015, 12:22 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: Memory card issues

What exactly did the card do? Typically though if you are having problems with a card it should be replaced.
  #3    Top
Old May 28th, 2015, 12:02 AM
Premiere Member

I put the card back in my camera and found that image and it looked fine. I pulled it off again onto my computer and the image looks normal. So I guess maybe the card is fine and for some reason it didn't copy right the first time.

www.clarajeromephotography.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
  #4    Top
Old May 28th, 2015, 07:04 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Sounds like an incomplete transfer then
  #5    Top
Old May 28th, 2015, 07:15 AM
Recent Photo: WAYLA? Tighter Crop
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I'd reformat it just to be safe once you pull the images off and put it back in your camera.

My Blog "The Darkroom"
Ian Kuhn Photography
Sponsors
  #6    Top
Old July 8th, 2015, 12:33 AM
Spammer

A Memory Card is used by digital camera to store the photos it takes. Popular memory cards include the SD card, CF card, xD-Picture card and Memory Stick. For some reason, memory cards may get damaged during a power shortage, or removal of the memory card on picture shooting or viewing, or other various and unknown reasons. Usually, you will see error messages like "memory card error", "card locked", "card error", or an error code on your camera screen and the valuable pictures on the memory card could disappear and be lost. In some cases, your camera or Windows may prompt you to re-format the memory card and refuse to take new pictures or view old pictures.

Solution:

Once you have damaged your memory card, it is highly recommended to stop further operations on the memory card (e.g. taking new pictures, or deleting or formatting the memory card). Data recovery software like "CardRecovery" is able to recover the lost pictures in most cases.

First, you need to confirm your memory card can appear as a drive letter in "My Computer", which will allow recovery software to access and recover the lost photos. You may try to connect your digital camera to your computer, if a new drive letter appears in "My Computer", this is normal. Otherwise, you need to prepare an USB card reader. There are many card readers available on the market (e.g. SanDisk and Kingston). You can buy one from Amazon or BestBuy.

Then, download and install CardRecovery on your computer. Launch it from the Start Menu -> Programs -> CardRecovery. You select the drive letter of your memory card, and the destination folder to save the recovered files. CardRecovery will scan your memory card and locate the recoverable pictures. The process is quick and easy. Usually it takes less than 15 minutes.

Melbourne Event Photography
  #7    Top
Old July 8th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Senior VIP Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Yea, I've seen this happen with my D80 once when I first got it. I used to take shots, then take out the card, place in my card reader then download, put back in camera...that was when the 2G SD cards were the nice cards

Now I'm using a 32G and cable so the card doesn't leave my camera, less chance of ESD or any kind of handling damage.
Glad you got it sorted out
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment