Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old February 15th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Dark-Eyed Junco
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Finally Rain

We finally are getting some much needed precipitation here in the San Francisco Bay Area and snow in the mountains. After this round of storm fronts we might reach 65 to 70 percent of normal which will help but probably not alleviate the drought and water rationing fears of this summer. Interesting how we restrict the water usage (use less) but the water bill is higher in these situations. It must all pertain to the Ploitical Law of Supply & Demand, have less, use less & pay more. Now if I can only figure out how to make this flow in reverse with my retirement income I might be able to afford some new camera goodies.

The attached photo is out the patio door.

Jerry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JWB_Rain-BY_01_72ppi.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	401.3 KB
ID:	70989  
Sponsors
  #2    Top
Old February 15th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Walter's Gate
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Finally Rain

You can see the spider plant smiling.....nice rain capture....hear the snow in the mountains might measure in feet.....that would be good....I agree that the Public Utility Commission seems to raise rates for less water cause they have to keep a constant income to fund the water projects and treatment facilities but it sure isn't fair.........enjoy the rain it will be here in about 3 days........a retired displaced Californian who can't afford it there anymore.........

If You Have'nt Grown Up By Age 30....You Don't Have To!!....(unknown...but written On Stone...honest!)

Gear
Canon XSi
Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens
Sigma AF 70-300mm 4-APO DG II Macro
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

"and my Trusty Little Snappy"
Kodak "Pink" M753 EASYSHARE
"and a Bean Bag, In Tribute to My DAD"

How do I become a Premiere Member? | How do I upload to the Corner Galleries?
How do I enter a Photograph of the Month Contest? | How do I enter a Contest Corner Challenge?
Photography Corner Map | Chatroom
  #3    Top
Old February 15th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

That's a pretty nice shot there Jerry. I wish we had snow. I am not a big fan of winter, but since it's here I would rather have snow than just cold.
  #4    Top
Old February 15th, 2009, 09:35 PM
The Godfather
Recent Photo: Some shots from 2010
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Nice shot Jerry! David if you want some snow I can send you some we have plenty to go around.

Leica M8, Nikon D200, Kodak DCS Pro14n, Olympus E20n, Leica R8, Leica M3, Bessa T101 w/50mm Heliar, Kodak 260,
  #5    Top
Old February 16th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Dark-Eyed Junco
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Thanks All! Glad you liked the spider plant photo, we along with it are enjoying the much needed rain. Must admit I'm glad its rain and not snow, the weather forecasters say as much as 6 to 7 ft. of the white stuff may fall in some of the mountain areas. Definitely make the skiers and ski lodges happy.

Jerry
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner