Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Feedback > Questions & Suggestions

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old November 3rd, 2008, 04:35 PM
question

what is the green thing over there by the number of posts we have? I have noticed different people have different amounts of them and they say different things when you run your mouse over it.

Like mine says "just_lisa can work a point & shoot camera"
  #2    Top
Old November 3rd, 2008, 04:42 PM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Those green cameras show how many "reputation" points you have earned. Other members can give you positive Reputation or Negative reputation. the more reputation you earn, the more film strips you receive.

Speaking of which I am supposed to write a sticky on what reputation is and how to use it, but have been super busy, thanks for reminding me!
  #3    Top
Old November 3rd, 2008, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHeng View Post
Those green cameras show how many "reputation" points you have earned. Other members can give you positive Reputation or Negative reputation. the more reputation you earn, the more film strips you receive.

Speaking of which I am supposed to write a sticky on what reputation is and how to use it, but have been super busy, thanks for reminding me!
I knew I was good for something

thanks!!
  #4    Top
Old November 3rd, 2008, 05:49 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: streets on 35mm
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
lol Gavin :p

Just remember, reputation is about you're contribution to the website, not you ability as a photographer. Although you may receive reputation for a noticeable improvment in you're photographs etc.

(I just moved this thread to Questions and Suggestions FYI)
  #5    Top
Old November 3rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grif04 View Post
lol Gavin :p

Just remember, reputation is about you're contribution to the website, not you ability as a photographer. Although you may receive reputation for a noticeable improvment in you're photographs etc.

(I just moved this thread to Questions and Suggestions FYI)
well, not that I am an awesome photog or anything but I did get a chuckle out of me "knowing how to work a point & shoot" wooohooo go me!!!
  #6    Top
Old November 3rd, 2008, 06:05 PM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
i think thats a new one. i dont remember that :o
  #7    Top
Old November 3rd, 2008, 06:37 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Cr*p - I don't know how to work a point and shoot. Too complicated.
  #8    Top
Old November 3rd, 2008, 06:38 PM
Premiere Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersDA View Post
Cr*p - I don't know how to work a point and shoot. Too complicated.
some of them can actually be really complicated lol.

i was out in a pub one time and we wanted a group shot with some of my international friends and i got handed 6 different compact cameras all in different languages.
  #9    Top
Old November 3rd, 2008, 06:49 PM
well, I reckon that makes ME the smart one
Sponsors
  #10    Top
Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:42 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by grif04 View Post
some of them can actually be really complicated lol.

I was out in a pub one time and we wanted a group shot with some of my international friends and i got handed 6 different compact cameras all in different languages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_lisa View Post
well, i reckon that makes me the smart one :d
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Feedback > Questions & Suggestions