Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Photograph of the Month

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner
Poll: Vote for April 2016 Photo of the Month
Thanks for Voting
Thank you for Voting on this poll. The results will be announced shortly!

#1    Top
Old May 10th, 2016, 08:04 PM
Administrator
Recent Photo: potm5
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Vote for April 2016 Photograph of the Month

The photographs this month were nominated, as always, by the Premiere Members, and narrowed down by me. There are also 2 photographs from the Premiere Projects that automatically received a place in the voting this month as well (see the Premiere Projects blog post for more details - also check out the recent changes to the PotM format/timing).

Voting Ends: approximately 12:30am PST on Tuesday, May 17th, 2016 (4:30am GMT).

Sponsor:Think Tank Photo: Think Tank Photo is a group of expert product designers and professional photographers focused on studying how photographers work, and developing inventive new carrying solutions to meet their needs.

Gallery: April 2016 Photograph of the Month Photo Gallery

#2    Top
Old May 14th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Re: Vote for April 2016 Photograph of the Month

Great variety of shots. Good luck y'all.
Visit me here..Room57
  #4    Top
Old May 16th, 2016, 07:23 AM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Good luck to all...my vote is in.
  #5    Top
Old May 27th, 2016, 03:42 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

It appears there was a 3, 3 vote tie here so no winner. My question is why does the April Photograph of the Month show a really cute pup in glasses?

Last edited by jerrywb; May 27th, 2016 at 03:48 PM.
  #6    Top
Old May 27th, 2016, 05:39 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

I am going to guess the post refers to the Mar 2016 winner. and the month was entered incorrectly in the post.
  #7    Top
Old May 27th, 2016, 07:15 PM
Account Disabled
Recent Photo: Buick '55
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

On PC's Home Page, it shows the dog with glasses as POTM currently. When you click on the link embedded in the paragraphs of text above it, ie "Photograph of the Month", you get taken here where the POTM's are listed (or at least most of 'em). The Dog/glasses winner is listed under April, NOT March which was the POTM contest it was entered into. Missing POTM's include November 2015, February 2016, and March 2016 (actually mislabeled as April). Dec '15 and Jan '16 apparently were never run.

Previously, POTM winners were announced and voting results were shown on this forum: PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Photograph of the Month in 2 different threads EACH month, one announcing the winner and the 2nd (prefaced by "Poll:") was the actual slate of nominees and thread you voted from with a summary of the votes added to the top of the thread after results were tallied. The last POTM with winner announced (at least in the forums) and/or voting results shown was February 2016.

I see that there is a "potm" tab on the very top of the pages (any). Either I never noticed it or it's a new addition. There is where you'll find the listing of all POTM winners with links to other nominated images and voting results mentioned above....incomplete/incorrect as it more recently is......including all the way back to 2005.

On my computer at least, thumbnails of and links to finalist images for the March 2016 have been broken for some time.

I'm NOT complaining. I'm merely sharing what I'm observing and my understanding of what's where and what is/isn't functioning as others intended.
  #8    Top
Old May 27th, 2016, 07:23 PM
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

I just realized I may have been the one to break all the links. I had to make some changes in some of the galleries concerning the store and some other settings which have broken those links.

Not sure where people are seeing the current voting stats though
  #9    Top
Old May 28th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

The only place I see voting stats is on these (links) pages. Nominee pics prior to this months page do not display images just voting statistics.
  #10    Top
Old May 28th, 2016, 08:34 PM

All I see is the winner will be announced shortly for this month and not a vote tally. Is voting still open?
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Photograph of the Month