Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > PhotographyCorner.com Newsletters & Press Releases > PhotographyCorner.com Newsletters

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old October 15th, 2005, 04:29 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Volume 2, Issue 9 - October 2005

PhotographyCorner.com Newsletter
Volume 2, Issue 9

Contents:
1) Coming Soon!
2) Sponsor: CanadaPhotoSeries.com
3) Contest Corner Challenge #17: Back to School Blues
4) "Rebuild the Corner Fund"
5) In Summation

1) Coming Soon!

I'm going to apologize upfront. I haven't been around the site nearly as much as I would like to be. The mods have been doing an excellent job at keeping everything running well in my absence. This newsletter my be less informative than it usually is as well, as I'm mildly out of touch with regards to the on-goings around the site lately. This will change soon. As most of you are aware, we're in the middle of releasing a brand-new PhotographyCorner - new forum, new resources section, new chat room, and other surprises. This is one of the main reasons I haven't been as active on the site lately. If everything goes according to plan, the new site should be live within the month.

2) Sponsor: CanadaPhotoSeries.com

A new sister-site to PhotographyCorner is the WorldPhotoSeries Network, which is a growing collection of sites that feature photographs of places all over the world. Each photograph is accompanied by useful information about the area or the specific subject in the photo. As the network continues to grow, it will house thousands of photographs displaying landmarks, cities and places-of-interest from all over the world. The network is a great visual research tool for students, parents and teachers. In addition, it serves as a useful resource for those interested in traveling the world, or those just sight-seeing various locations right from their own computer. Most listings include a link to a map of the area, provided by Google Maps, as well as a continuously-updated listing of current events in the area provided by Topix.net. The first site in the Network is www.CanadaPhotoSeries.com Ė and weíre looking for photos of Canada to upload to the site. A number of photos have already been submitted by PhotographyCorner members, but we know there are hundreds of Canadian members on PhotographyCorner that have some great photos that would look excellent on the site. You can upload the photos via the contact form on the site, and once you have a photo up on the Network, youíll get your name mentioned on the credits page.

Links:
CanadaPhotoSeries: http://www.canadaphotoseries.com
Contact/Photo Submission Form: http://www.canadaphotoseries.com/contact
Credits Page: http://www.canadaphotoseries.com/credits
WorldPhotoSeries (coming soon): http://www.worldphotoseries.com

3) Contest Corner Challenge #17: Back to School Blues

The entry date for CCC#17 is coming quickly. Photos for this contest must be in by 11:59 PM (EST) on October 19th. We've received some great entries so far, but there's still some room to have a go at winning the contest. Remember, this contest comes with a prize - even for non-Premiere Members supplied by KieselBags (www.kieselbags.com). I own one of their bags, and the make one of the best bags on the market. I use their TZ600 bag almost exclusively for day-trips. So get your entries in soon!

4) "Rebuild the Corner Fund"

To help raise money for the building of the new site, we are going to sell 50 PhotographyCorner.com pen & keychain sets that we have recently acquired. At the low price of $30 for the set (including shipping) or $25 for the set if you're a Premiere Member, itís a bargain! We only have about 40 sets left, so get your order in ASAP to get a hold of this Limited Edition set!

Visit http://www.photographycorner.com/pho...d-keychain.php to take a look at and purchase your pen & keychain set. Visit http://www.photographycorner.com/pre...membership.php to become a Premiere Member. Help support the new PhotographyCorner! If youíre interested in just making a donation to the site, feel free to using any of the PayPal buttons located on the Premiere Membership page and make a donation of your choosing.

5) In Summation

Some of you that read this whole newsletter through are probably wondering where the Noteworthy Notables section is. It should be back next month. Due to the major changes that are going on around the site, we havenít been adding any new resources to the Photography Resources section, and I havenít been around enough to find those great threads worth noting. To sum the newsletter up, though, help support the site by either becoming a Premiere Member, or by purchasing a pen & keychain set. This will help us get the new site up running as fast as possible, as well as give us the flexibility to add extra features to the site. If you have photos of Canada, make sure you submit them to CanadaPhotoSeries. And most of all, keep enjoying the site and taking and sharing photos! Thatís what weíre all about!

See you around the Corner,
Tim L. Walker
Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > PhotographyCorner.com Newsletters & Press Releases > PhotographyCorner.com Newsletters