Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old August 8th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Yosemite, Sequoia Part I

Hi guys,

I just got back from a trip to Sequoia and Yosemite National Parks. It was awesome as always. Here a few that I processed. Have a few more that should turn out decent too. Thanks for looking.

==

==

==

==

==

Nikhil

My Website
My Blog
  #2    Top
Old August 8th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Account Disabled
Recent Photo: Buick '55
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Yosemite, Sequoia Part I

All 5 are striking images and evidence some advanced photography and processing skills.....so please allow me to ask a few questions as well as provide some comments.

#1 nice composition, presumably using an ultra wide angle lens. Filters?
#2 very striking image.....but how much of that red is as seen and how much of it was enhanced (noting red tinge to sky)?
#3 image is a great concept but I find myself more interested in the abstract reflected trees rather than the actual ones, perhaps because they're overly bright. Perhaps toning down the brightness on them. I could see a compositional shift moving the shoreline up, foregoing the symmetry of actual:reflected.
#4 classical vertical shot thru tall trees but very well executed, nice rich colors.
#5 very cute and great capture with the 2 touching noses.

Anxious to see others from your trip.
  #3    Top
Old August 8th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

These are great. Can't wait to see more. Like Russ, I am curious about how you achieved the result in No. 2, which is my favorite (the nuzzling deer is very close, with its awsome cuteness factor).
  #4    Top
Old August 8th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post

#1 nice composition, presumably using an ultra wide angle lens. Filters?
#2 very striking image.....but how much of that red is as seen and how much of it was enhanced (noting red tinge to sky)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarry View Post
These are great. Can't wait to see more. Like Russ, I am curious about how you achieved the result in No. 2, which is my favorite (the nuzzling deer is very close, with its awsome cuteness factor).
Thanks for the feedback guys. Appreciate it. Russ, #1 was shot with the Nikon 14-24mm on a D700 (18mm FL) - no filters. It's a 3.5 minute exposure. The sky was a deep purple

#2 was shot as is - no filters etc. The sky was red - I just underexposed by a stop and a half or so to bring out the colors on the rock and the sky. I darkened the sky a little using Capture NX2.

Nikhil

My Website
My Blog
  #5    Top
Old August 10th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Elite Member

I love your Yosemite images.

I was there last year, and that place is amazing. Really like the night shot of Half Dome from Glacier Point.

Erich

Flickr Photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/90957342@N08/
Sponsors
  #6    Top
Old August 10th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Elite VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPremiere Project of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins the Premiere Project of the Year contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

wonderful set !! really like these, partial to #3,4 and 5,, love the reflection in #3 alot and the vantage point in #4, the soft lighting and colors along with the composition in #5 is VERY nice
  #7    Top
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Premiere Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. It really is a great place to visit. I used to think the valley is pretty, but now in retrospect, I think Tuolumne Meadows is much better than the valley (and with fewer tourists).

Nikhil

My Website
My Blog
  #8    Top
Old August 21st, 2011, 10:40 AM
Premiere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich1B View Post
I love your Yosemite images.

I was there last year, and that place is amazing. Really like the night shot of Half Dome from Glacier Point.

Erich

Thanks Erich. You should also check out 'Tuolumne Meadows' in Yosemite. I was there the first time this August and it really is spectacular.

Nikhil

My Website
My Blog
  #9    Top
Old August 21st, 2011, 03:30 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Beautiful series, very well done, Any one or all would look great on a wall, printed very large.
  #10    Top
Old August 21st, 2011, 06:52 PM

These shots are really nice. I wish I was closer to CA so I could check this place out!
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places