Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Landscapes

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old September 20th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Four Sticks

On from last Sunday.

Four Sticks by Cosmonaut's, on Flickr
  #2    Top
Old September 20th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Magjic_Caverns
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Four Sticks

Very nice, just wish it was a little larger.
Bill H.
  #3    Top
Old September 20th, 2011, 12:38 PM

I really like this image. Proper night time exposures have always eluded me. This looks like it was taken right at the end of the sunset colors fading out of the sky? I really like the four sticks in the lower right, which also make for an interesting title.

The only things I notice that I don't like is the grass in the lower left really distracts me from the silhoutted trees in the background. Unfortunately, aloning water seems near impossible. Also, I feel like the whole image is just a tad underexposed for my taste. Overall a great capture!
Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old September 20th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Thanks Brian for the detailed critique. I bumped the levels a touch since posting this one I will give cloning the grass some thought.
  #5    Top
Old September 21st, 2011, 05:27 PM
Elite Member

I really like this a lot, but am curious- is the moon added into the scene? It seems to me that it's in the wrong place and position (meaning, the light showing on the moon should be to the right and not left, since the setting sun is also facing on the right side of the moon). Just wondering. Even if it is added in, it's a nice touch to a wonderful image.

Cordially,

Mark Lent
  #6    Top
Old September 21st, 2011, 07:16 PM
Elite VIP Member
Recent Photo: 06/14/09 Chase_6
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason

Great capture. Nice job on the exposure and I really like the composition.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then what are the one's that render us speechless...

My Gear

http://www.bdjphoto.com
My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Landscapes