Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old December 2nd, 2011, 04:20 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
The CCC#93: Reproduction Winning Photograph Is...

...The Scream by nrshapiro!!! Congratulations on your EIGHTH Contest Corner Challenge win, Neil!

Sponsors: DayMen Photo Marketing - Since it's inception in 1981, DayMen Photo Marketing LP has enjoyed an exceptional reputation in the photographic and consumer electronics industry as an innovative manufacturer and distributor of high quality imaging products and accessories.
Acme Made - Founded in 2002, Acme Made specializes in designing protective accessories for today's modern lifestyle. The company is best known for incorporating innovative textiles and materials with contemporary styling to produce attractive bags, cases and sleeves for laptops, eReaders, smart phones, and digital cameras. Acme Made is “Designed Protection.”

Prizes: Since Neil is, of course, a Premiere Member, he will receive an Acme Made Laptop Sleeve or an Acme Made Kindle Hardback Folio case.

Gallery: View all the other entries (as well find out which members took each photograph) in the CCC#93: Reproduction Photo Gallery.

#2    Top
Old December 2nd, 2011, 04:31 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: The CCC#93: Reproduction Winning Photograph Is...

Congrats on your 8th win.
  #3    Top
Old December 2nd, 2011, 04:40 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara Falls sunset
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Congrats Neil, it's indeed a very creative image

Since I'm still new here and this contest was my first CCC submission, I'm not sure what the etiquette is after a competition, but is it OK to ask for feedback on these pictures - what could've made them better and/or why people voted for specific ones or didn't for others?

My Smugmug
  #4    Top
Old December 2nd, 2011, 05:25 PM
Recent Photo: Horses In Winter
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Congratulations Neil. A great win and a great photo.

Some people are only as happy as they make up their minds to be.
  #5    Top
Old December 2nd, 2011, 05:34 PM
The One and Only
Recent Photo: Wood Frog
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason

Congratulations!!!

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
Sponsors
  #6    Top
Old December 2nd, 2011, 07:46 PM
Recent Photo: Published
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Awesome picture! Was tough to pick the winner here but this one is a good choice. Well done and Very creative.

https://www.facebook.com/sharnalee65

I am currently an Official Photographer for Delicious Dolls Magazine.

If you'd like to see more of my work you can visit my website
http://boobear9358.smugmug.com/
  #7    Top
Old December 2nd, 2011, 08:37 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Excellent image. Well thought out and executed.
I'll bet the model had bad breath though.
and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin
  #9    Top
Old December 4th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Hurricane Flora
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Thanks everyone, and Tim. This was a last minute entry mainly because participation was low and I wanted to help out. It's truly a reproduction...both of the scream, and someone else's idea to do it with a shoe. My own take on that, of course.

I don't need the prize (having already won one). I would like it to go to the second place winner, if Tim will allow. That's a great photo, and the small set of entries in general was excellent.
  #10    Top
Old December 4th, 2011, 03:47 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTerlakyPhoto View Post
Congrats Neil, it's indeed a very creative image

Since I'm still new here and this contest was my first CCC submission, I'm not sure what the etiquette is after a competition, but is it OK to ask for feedback on these pictures - what could've made them better and/or why people voted for specific ones or didn't for others?
Definitely - go ahead. If you want feedback for your own entry, maybe just post it up in the Critique forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrshapiro View Post
Thanks everyone, and Tim. This was a last minute entry mainly because participation was low and I wanted to help out. It's truly a reproduction...both of the scream, and someone else's idea to do it with a shoe. My own take on that, of course.

I don't need the prize (having already won one). I would like it to go to the second place winner, if Tim will allow. That's a great photo, and the small set of entries in general was excellent.
Sure, works for me... tamara, you want it, or want me to put it back into the pot?