Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old June 23rd, 2005, 06:15 AM
The Southern Yankee
Recent Photo: Sweet Magnolia
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Reflected

I was noticing the reflections off my motorcycle helmet and got this idea for a shot. What could make this type of shot better? Just didn't turn out like I envisioned it. Thanks.

Nikon 50mm f/1.8
Nikon 12-24 f.4.0 G ED DX
Nikon 80-400 f/4.5-5.6 ED VR

www.judybruner.com
  #2    Top
Old June 23rd, 2005, 07:20 AM
P-R-O-crastinator
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Maybe get a more direct shot by laying on the ground. I learned from my mom's premier project that different angle can really give you the opportunity for better shots!
  #3    Top
Old June 23rd, 2005, 07:25 AM
The Southern Yankee
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
HA! I thought of that, but it was first thing this morning, and the grass was really wet. Will have to try that when it's a bit dryer. Thanks.
Nikon 50mm f/1.8

www.judybruner.com
  #4    Top
Old June 23rd, 2005, 07:35 AM
P-R-O-crastinator
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Hey..ya gotta do what ya gotta do for a great photo...so it might look as though you had a big accident on yourself, you might have captured it the way you intended..... (Really...I do understand though because I believe I've missed some great shots because it wasn't in a place where I should be getting dirty or wet...)
  #5    Top
Old June 23rd, 2005, 09:24 AM
The Southern Yankee
Oh, don't be mistaken -- I have no problem rollin' around on the ground in the wet grass. The real problem was I was supposed to have been on my way to work an hour before this was taken! Believe me -- me, the helmet, the bike and the grass have a second date! Too funny.
Nikon 50mm f/1.8

www.judybruner.com
Sponsors
  #6    Top
Old June 23rd, 2005, 09:47 AM
Premiere Jerk
Recent Photo: Ripple Path
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya02
Oh, don't be mistaken -- I have no problem rollin' around on the ground in the wet grass.
Who wouldn't

Room to improve which you already know one way to go. Can't wait to see the next photo, on dry grass
  #7    Top
Old June 23rd, 2005, 10:46 AM
Junior VIP Member
Wow, Nice idea.

Glad to see you wear a helment when riding. Its not a law here so most people dont. Which is a stupid idea.
  #8    Top
Old June 23rd, 2005, 10:57 AM
The Southern Yankee
Years ago, where I grew up, there were no helmet laws. We rode in shorts, no helmets, flip flops. There is something good to be said about getting older -- most of us get a little wiser as we go! We do not ride unless we have boots, helmets, and depending upon where riding -- chaps and leather jackets. We do a lot of mountain riding!
Nikon 50mm f/1.8

www.judybruner.com
  #9    Top
Old June 23rd, 2005, 10:59 AM
The Southern Yankee
[quote="JustJerk"]
Quote:
Room to improve which you already know one way to go. Can't wait to see the next photo, on dry grass
Me too.
Nikon 50mm f/1.8

www.judybruner.com
  #10    Top
Old June 23rd, 2005, 11:04 AM
Junior VIP Member
Quote:
Years ago, where I grew up, there were no helmet laws. We rode in shorts, no helmets, flip flops. There is something good to be said about getting older -- most of us get a little wiser as we go! We do not ride unless we have boots, helmets, and depending upon where riding -- chaps and leather jackets. We do a lot of mountain riding!
Good thinking, My dad thought diffrent and ended himself in a ICU bed for over a month and coulnt work for almost a year. Had to live off his savings.

Wise choice...

Carry on