Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old December 19th, 2011, 04:16 PM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
places to recommend in Maui??

Going to Maui next year for the first time. Anyone been there that can recommend places to see & picture opportunities?

Thanks.
Teal
  #2    Top
Old December 19th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Premiere Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: places to recommend in Maui??

There's a ton of places on Maui to shoot. When my wife and I were there we did the Road to Hana, Haleakala Volcano (try to get there for sunrise), visits to pineapple plantations, the Seven Sacred Pools, Lahina and Ka'anapali Beach and of course a Luau.

And then there's a million things off the beaten path..... Check some of the online visitor guides, they will give you a wealth of information.

Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone........

Anonymous

My Official Gear List
  #3    Top
Old December 19th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I visited Maui in2006 and would recommend the same places that John mentioned. The road to Hana is a must see. Another recommendation is the Iao Valley State Park.

Jerry
  #4    Top
Old December 19th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

I will 3rd the road to Hana. Its sad to admit that 15 years ago when i honeymooned I was sadly not yet a photographer (we would never have gotten to and from Hana LOL)
  #5    Top
Old December 19th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Premiere Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Clark, when my wife and I honeymooned there some 20 years ago I had a Nikon N4004 35mm film camera. In two weeks I shot ~30 rolls of 36 exposure film. Quite an experience all around.

We are talking about going back maybe as early as next spring. I'll imagine I'll need quite a few CF cards this time around.

Anonymous

My Official Gear List
Sponsors
  #6    Top
Old December 19th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Yeah but as much as I want to do my honeymoon again, I would want to do our 5 yr anniversary trip even more....Tahitti. A cruise from Tahitti to Bora Bora, Morea, and Reitaya (SP?) with some private island hopping in between). I went through 25 disposable water proof film camera's and would get more for the snorkeling shots (Unless underwater housings were for rent for the d80) The cruise was like Maui x 10...especially Morea.
  #7    Top
Old December 19th, 2011, 06:11 PM

Oh another activity I would recommend doing. Take a plane to the Big Isle for Volcano National Park and spend the night at the hotel on the crater, Best steak I have ever had and great views and hikes.
  #8    Top
Old December 20th, 2011, 12:59 AM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Thank you all for your great suggestions! I will definitely consider going to the big island to the Volcano National Park but will pass on the steak (vegetarian)

Have only been to Oahu & that was 36 years ago on my honeymoon. Looking for a slower pace & lots of places to explore.

Teal
  #9    Top
Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:34 AM
Premiere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealsky View Post
Have only been to Oahu & that was 36 years ago on my honeymoon. Looking for a slower pace & lots of places to explore.

Teal
If your really want a slower pace then Kauii is the place.... Some of the nicest scenery on the Islands IMO. Very laid back and relaxing place to say the least!

Anonymous

My Official Gear List
  #10    Top
Old December 22nd, 2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jriepe View Post
I visited Maui in2006 and would recommend the same places that John mentioned. The road to Hana is a must see. Another recommendation is the Iao Valley State Park.

Jerry
I agree the road to Hana is a Must see, but make sure you get off the beaten path, talk to the locals, lots to see and do outside of the "touristy stuff" have a fantastic time.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner