Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old January 6th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Recent Photo: Published
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
confused

I joined a site to get some models for my portfolio and I was curious as to what the other photographers in my area are shooting. So I did a search on photographers within 25Miles of my home. I found a few and their stuff was OK but I would have retouched the images before I put some of them on my portfolio. Then I came across one that caught my eye, Photo's by Sharon Lee I thought wow, she's ALMOST got my name so I check out the profile and it's this chick that lives in my town and goes to the photo club I go to but her name is Sharon Martinez NOT Sharon Lee. She implies she has a website at smugmug but I couldn't find it, I found mine when I did that search but not hers. Is she trying to pass my website off as hers in a round about way? What should I do about it? I don't want people thinking that her and I are the same person. How do I address this on my profile page without making it sound like I'm dissing her? I just want people to know that her and I are two separate people.

Thanks Friends!

https://www.facebook.com/sharnalee65

I am currently an Official Photographer for Delicious Dolls Magazine.

If you'd like to see more of my work you can visit my website
http://boobear9358.smugmug.com/
  #2    Top
Old January 7th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Account Disabled
Recent Photo: Buick '55
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: confused

At least in the initial or 1st round I'd advise that you assume the best, ie she's a nice person, will readily see the potential for confusion that will do both of you harm, and will readily discuss mutually agreeable ways to resolve the situation. We'll call that "the Butterfly door" and reserve the "what's behind the Tiger door" for later if needed!
  #3    Top
Old January 7th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

You should be able to put a direct link to your gallery on the site which should help to alleviate confusion...I couldn't find a sharon lee or sharon martinez on smugmug either.

You may want to ask her gallery ame on smugmug
  #4    Top
Old January 7th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

LOL I just commented on her page and asked what her site was on smugmug, that I was on smugmug too and wanted to look at her page. In my comment is my name and a link to MY site.

Butterflies are better than tigers I suppose. Thanks Russ.

#5    Top
Old January 7th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: DSC04769
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Just send her a shot of your "freezer" Sharna, she'll get the hint !
  #6    Top
Old January 7th, 2012, 09:27 AM

#7    Top
Old January 7th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: 2013_09_26_4135_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nod View Post
Just send her a shot of your "freezer" Sharna, she'll get the hint !
No doubt.
Sharna, there are dozens of Sharon Lees out there with photography.
Could be Lee is her maiden name, mother's name, or she just likes that name. Could be she is in the process to establish a site. What you are afraid of, has happened before, but I doubt she would be that bold, since you both are in the same photo club.
Just be that butterfly.
When and if the time comes, you, I'm sure know how to be a butterfly and sting like a bee.
  #8    Top
Old January 7th, 2012, 09:38 AM

Thanks Dad!

I have a history with this woman too and it's less than perfect. I think my freezer would benefit here.

#9    Top
Old January 7th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Post the shot of your freezer for her...trust me..it gets rid of the riff raff.

on a side note... a couple of years back, I found some of my "horror" images on a guys website, and he was claiming them as his. Even changed the names and so on. A few of us actually found images that belonged to us. Ater we contacted him, we were amazed at how fast the images disappeared and within a few days, the whole website vanished.
The images were taken from the forums as it seems he went through all our posts and "borrorwed" them. Another reason why I post low res images with frames. People like to steal.
Visit me here..Room57
  #10    Top
Old January 7th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Awwww, I've seen your fridge, and it's far nicer than you'd like us to think it is--just like you. I've got to agree with Russ; until there's actually an issue, don't stress yourself into thinking there is one. I rather like taking the high road. I don't always win, but the air's certainly fresher up there! You'll likely find she's just starting out, and maybe Sharon Martinez is taken, or some such. I think until she tries to pass a photo off as yours,take comfort in your proven skill and talent.

flickr Photostream
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner