Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Photograph of the Year

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old January 27th, 2012, 11:58 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
The 6th Runner-Up (7th Place) in the 2011 Photograph of the Year Contest

The 6th Runner-Up (7th Place) in the PhotographyCorner.com 2011 Photograph of the Year Contest goes to william88 with his photograph Harmonic Cheers!!

Prizes: For placing 7th, william88 will receive (Approximate Value: $570):

Congratulations William!!!

The final voting results will be revealed in the FINAL VOTING THREAD after all the winners have been announced, and the usernames for each photograph in the final round will be added to the gallery entries in the PhotographyCorner.com 2011 Photograph of the Year Photo Galleries later today. Make sure to drop by the galleries to comment on and congratulate all the participants and winners!

Sponsors: We have 9 Amazing sponsors for this contest, who are supplying the majority of the prizes. Make sure you check out each of the sponsors listed below. Without their support, this contest (or PhotographyCorner) would not exist.

Premiere Sponsor: Depositphotos is the best place for buying and selling royalty-free stock images. Its each-day growing collection of stock photographs will overwhelm you with its quality. Vast library of image stock coupled with the wide variety of flexible purchase options like pay-as-you-go or subscription plans makes Depositphotos the most convenient and profitable tool for designers, artists and photographers.

Contest Sponsor: Every subscription comes with unlimited storage with no ads surrounding any photo. "White-glove" is the best way to describe SmugMug's customer service. Real people, real photographers are always available to assist customer's every need 365/24/7. SmugMug provides all the necessary tools and functionality for privacy and security of each priceless photo. For added security each photo is saved multiple times in multiple data centers around the country, making it truly the "Fort Knox" for photos.

Additional Sponsor: www.MisterRetro.com - Enjoy the finest in retro plug-ins for Adobe Photoshop and Elements to give your images that authentic tactile look as well as snappy retro vector artwork to spice up any graphic design layout. The smart modern designer knows Mister Retro is your source for these fine products.

Additional Sponsor: www.onOneSoftware.com - onOne Software develops innovative and timesaving software solutions that make digital photography easier, faster and better. Photographers use onOne Software solutions to speed up their photo editing workflow and give their photos the professional look with just a few clicks.

Additional Sponsor: www.Viewbook.com - Viewbook enables creatives to design and manage their own portfolio websites and work presentations, wherever needed; around the web and on mobile devices.

Additional Sponsor: www.PictureFrameGuys.com - Online retailer of custom picture frames including wood and metal frames, matting, backing and glazing. All frames are made to order to each customer's unique specifications.

Additional Sponsor: www.Lowepro.com - Inventors and designers of popular camera bags, photographers and lovers of the natural world who take our reputation as The Trusted Original™ to heart.

Additional Sponsor: www.Akvis.com - AKVIS specializes in development of image processing software and scientific research. The company was founded in 2004 by IT professionals having considerable experience in programming and software development. Since then the company has released 17 successful programs.

Additional Sponsor: www.CottonCarrier.com - The Cotton Carrier Camera System was created by photographer Andy Cotton Chamberlayne. In his dual careers as a successful landscape photographer and prominent Special Effects Coordinator for the motion picture industry, Andy recognized the need for a more comfortable, secure and efficient way to carry a heavy SLR camera. The Cotton Carrier works with any SLR, Point & Shoot, or Video Camera using the standard 1/4" tripod mount system, with any camera and lens size combination.
  #2    Top
Old January 27th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reason
Re: The 6th Runner-Up (7th Place) in the 2011 Photograph of the Year Contest

This image is absolutely incredible in its execution, and I was CERTAIN it would be in top three - if not a win! Congrats to you though - I think it's just amazing.

"...We were put on the earth to experience life in its totality. And if you're not doing that, you're essentially wasting your time."
- R. Carlos Nakai
  #3    Top
Old January 27th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Walter's Gate
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Congratulations ... amazing capture ... such fun and technique .... a favorite ....

If You Have'nt Grown Up By Age 30....You Don't Have To!!....(unknown...but written On Stone...honest!)

Gear
Canon XSi
Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens
Sigma AF 70-300mm 4-APO DG II Macro
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

"and my Trusty Little Snappy"
Kodak "Pink" M753 EASYSHARE
"and a Bean Bag, In Tribute to My DAD"

How do I become a Premiere Member? | How do I upload to the Corner Galleries?
How do I enter a Photograph of the Month Contest? | How do I enter a Contest Corner Challenge?
Photography Corner Map | Chatroom
  #4    Top
Old January 27th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

While I agree that the image is amazing, I was surprised it was even accepted

"Submitted photographs must not be heavily manipulated (minor edits like color correction are ok, but things like selective color, image stitching, HDR images, Orton effects "

IMO there was a lot of heavy manipulation to create this image.

Again I am not knocking the image...it is tremendous and well executed.
Sponsors
  #5    Top
Old January 27th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reason

I might beg to differ on how much this would be "manipulated" agiledogs - as there is a whole series on how someone can create such an image - and it had nothing to do with post-processing.

It's all in its execution - which is fabulous and probably requires MANY attempts:

http://www.diyphotography.net/creating-the-splash

"...We were put on the earth to experience life in its totality. And if you're not doing that, you're essentially wasting your time."
- R. Carlos Nakai
  #6    Top
Old January 27th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Ice_storm_3
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Congratulations William! It must have taken a few shots to get this!

"Let your words be few, and your exposures many."
  #7    Top
Old January 27th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Congratulations William, this is one awesome shot!
  #8    Top
Old January 27th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reason

Congratulations William! I loved it right from the word go!

Native: Srinagar, Kashmir
  #9    Top
Old January 27th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Congrats William. Well done.
Visit me here..Room57
  #10    Top
Old January 27th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara Falls sunset
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Congrats, nice image

My Smugmug
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Photograph of the Year