Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

#1    Top
Old February 1st, 2012, 04:01 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Class Dismissed

Been keeping an eye on this abandoned school since last fall, and finally made the attempt to get inside. Was surprised how well it still looked even tho it was closed in 2007. I think it was not till recently that people found their way in.

Thought I would show these just for the hoot of it. Mostly just snapshots of an abandoned school.

The best find of the day outside the music room

This floor was a challenge to walk on. A water main burst caused a lot of heaving inside this ol shop.

Heard this school was being used as a police training facility for a while and we found a few of these scattered around.

um....health class maybe?

Home eck.
Visit me here..Room57
  #2    Top
Old February 2nd, 2012, 05:43 AM
Recent Photo: Rock formation
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Class Dismissed

Nice set of shots Carl...glad you found your way in there.
  #3    Top
Old February 2nd, 2012, 08:57 AM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Winter - Thames River
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Nice series Carl.
Thanks for sharing.

Save A Dolphin
  #4    Top
Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:36 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Wren_House
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Nice series Carl, I wonder why it is the Piano that always gets abandoned?
Bill H.
  #5    Top
Old February 2nd, 2012, 05:41 PM
Recent Photo: La Jolla Covetx400
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Looks like my school went to hell in a hand basket after our grad party....we were dancin all over until the piano fell.....

Great series Carl....

8 more months until Run for your life
  #6    Top
Old February 2nd, 2012, 06:02 PM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Very cool series!
  #7    Top
Old February 2nd, 2012, 06:41 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Really like the first shot. It's a shame that it's in that condition though.

Jerry
  #8    Top
Old February 2nd, 2012, 08:14 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Cool place that you've done a great job photographing. That first one is my fav as well. Hmmm... maybe worth a stop when we finally get together??

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #9    Top
Old February 2nd, 2012, 10:23 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Sleeping Buddha
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Nice series. The second shot is my fav.
  #10    Top
Old February 3rd, 2012, 05:07 AM
Elite Member

That's a nice series, even if the subject is rather sad (I hate seeing buildings and cars abandoned to their fate).

It might be worth going back there every year or so to document the deterioration of the place.
Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places