Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old March 7th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: DSC_1886
$ no object- the truth please.

If money were no object in your world, what cameras, and lenses would you purchase? For my self I'm fairly sure I would get a Nikon D3X, with Nikon's best 24-70mm, and 70-210mm zooms, along with some Zeiss fixed focal lengths. I might also buy the new D800 depending on how its noise, and dynamic range tests out.

Now that I think about it with unlimited funds I'd also buy a brand new Canon 20D, which canon must have extra copies of in the vault somewhere.pith
  #2    Top
Old March 7th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Elite Member
Re: $ no object- the truth please.

For this old geezer I currently have a kit that is just right for me to carry around. I might purchase a Canon 300mm f4 IS though. As a second setup for cities and landscape my choice would be a Leica M9 (10?) with a 28, 50, and 90mm lenses. Since money is no object I wouod also rent space for a studio and arm it with a Mamiya with the Phase One 65+ back along with a W/A lens, 80mm, 150mm Soligor w/in lens shutters.

lrp
  #3    Top
Old March 7th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Roses On Counter Top
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

If I had unlimited funds/resources I would probably be using a PhaseONE DF645 system. The only film camera I've kept is my "very old" Mamiya 645 that I used when I was trying to be or appear to be more contempaltive when photographing. It had the portability of my Nikons with a larger negative area with better print results in enlargements, just more film expenses than 35mm. I have not used it sense I bought my first D70, Digital is just easier in every aspect to a final result.

jerrywb
  #4    Top
Old March 7th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Nikon D4....I actually have all the lenses I need or would want for more than a single day of shooting, though a fisheye might be fun to pick up.
  #5    Top
Old March 7th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Elite Member

Ooooops!~ (again) I said Soligor lenses for the Mamiya. Does that brand even exist anymore? I meant Schneider lenses.

lrp
  #6    Top
Old March 7th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

If money was no object I would have a ton of equipment!!!
One of these would be pretty awesome http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...amera_Kit.html
  #7    Top
Old March 7th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Premiere Member

I'm pretty happy with my current set up and while some of it could use updating I wouldn't mind adding a Canon 200mm f/2L IS to my bag.
  #8    Top
Old March 7th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Roses On Counter Top
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizer View Post
Ooooops!~ (again) I said Soligor lenses for the Mamiya. Does that brand even exist anymore? I meant Schneider lenses.

lrp
Mamiya still exists but not for us mortals.
  #9    Top
Old March 7th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

I would upgrade my XTIs and get some nice lenses. Anything is better then what I got.
Visit me here..Room57
  #10    Top
Old March 7th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: DSC_1886

Oh come on guys.... and girls, dream big you're the richest sobs in the world rememberpith
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner