Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old March 7th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Re: $ no object- the truth please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pith View Post
Oh come on guys.... and girls, dream big you're the richest sobs in the world rememberpith

I have never looked beyond my XTIs. or any lenses. Gheesh...I still shoot with my Canon 300d. That is how far behind I am.
Visit me here..Room57
  #12    Top
Old March 7th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

D4, D800,+ All the best Nikon lenses to go with. A Fuji X100, one or 2 of the Sigma DP series. Maybe Some Canon DSLR and lenses, and some Pentax stuff while I'm at it.
LF and MF assortment, and all I would need to outfit a world class darkroom for B&W film, including whatever I need to make Platinum prints.
I would also build a house designed to hold all that stuff.
and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin
  #13    Top
Old March 7th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Premiere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pith View Post
Oh come on guys.... and girls, dream big you're the richest sobs in the world rememberpith
Well since you put it that way I'd buy a few hundred thousands acres, place an incerdibly modest home on it with it's own power supply of wind/solar, wall it off from the outside world and have as little contact with people IRL as possible.

That said I'd still like to keep in touch with things via phone/internet so with my vast wealth I'd procure my own personal communications satellite and have NASA contracted out for maintenance purposes. All the while obaining one of the best "cameras" ever manufactured, the Hubble(we've gotta keep this photography related so....).

I guess I'd probably have the best moon shots ever.
  #14    Top
Old March 7th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Sorry, folks, but I'm buying Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park. I will let people in by reservation only (of course, Corner members are all welcome any time!). I'll buy a Nikon D4, a perspective corrected lens and a macro. I suppose because it's the Tetons and Yellowstone, I'll need a 600mm lens. I also want a tracking tripod--heck a whole observatory--to take some really nice night shots.

I'll also buy off a politician or two--one from each party, and just because.

I'll get a personal trainer, so I can drop a few pounds but still eat all the ice cream I want.

Oh, yeah! Since I own Yellowstone, I need a tracked vehicle. It's got to be big, with satellite radio, open roof with built in tripods, and a bar.

My wife, bless her heart, gets bored afeter I've photographed the same set of falls from a 20th location or with my 10th aperture setting, so I'd placate her with a 20 carat diamond ring and matching necklace.

I, I'd buy Jim a new screaming fast PC to make sure he gets back to the Corner. If that doesn't work, I'll also buy him a fiber-optic connection straight to his house. While I'm at it, the Corner gets a multi-array Cray setup, again with fiber-optic hookups.

Oh, wait! I'm the richest person in the world! New cameras and lenses for everyone!

Oh, and world peace (for all you movie buffs).

flickr Photostream
  #15    Top
Old March 7th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Premiere Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Well first off, just for giggles I'd grab a Hasselblad H4D-60 w/80mm lens. Next would be a full compliment of Alien Bee's lighting equipment.

Then I'd probably grab some 1 series Canon bodies and one of each Canon L lens.

I may even grab a Nikon or two just to see what all the fuss is about.....

Of course I would then need a studio with all the trimmings including a cappuccino machine, a workout room and a sun room with a hammock. I have this thing about hammocks..... and naps in the warm sun.

Add a private business jet for traveling the world to take in all the wonderful places I've seen folks post photos of here. A full size RV to travel all the back roads of this wonderful country.

Last a Speed Concept 9.9 Radioshack Nissan Trek Edition road/triathlon bike equipped with a Go Pro HD Hero 2 to keep me in shape between photo excursions.

There's probably more I'm leaving out but I will have my personal assistant take care of ordering those items later on.

Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone........

Anonymous

My Official Gear List
  #16    Top
Old March 8th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Magjic_Caverns
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I think maby a D3x, or D4 and add a 14-24mm f/2.8 and a 70-200 f2.8 Nikon and a 400mm f/4 Nikon and of course a few primes as well. I know there is more expensive equipment out there but I really like Nikon stuff....
Bill H.
Sponsors
  #17    Top
Old March 8th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Winter - Thames River
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Hasselblad H4D with a few lenses.
The latest Canon 1D and 5D with all the greatest / fastest L series lenses, including the 1200mm one .
And like Sasquatch said -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
I may even grab a Nikon or two just to see what all the fuss is about.....

I would need a new back-pack to carry it all. Actually... SUV would be better for that (save my back).

My Flickr

Save A Dolphin
  #18    Top
Old March 8th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Quote from office space

"2 chicks at the same time"

The question what would you do if you had 1 million dollars

Seriously though my needs are simple and I see no sense in having things one won't ever use....though if Tim is buying Yellowstone....I'll buy Yosemite, sierra National Forrest and the Ansel Adams Wilderness.
  #19    Top
Old March 8th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Magjic_Caverns
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

"The latest Canon 1D and 5D with all the greatest / fastest L series lenses, including the 1200mm one"

Yall buy that Nikon stuff and then you'll be selling the Canon stuff
Bill H
  #20    Top
Old March 8th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Premiere Member

Wow, this has cratered itself into the ridiculous rather quickly.

I mean it's not as if I wanted to become autonomous entity from the United States with the folks from Blackwater(or whatever they call themselves these days) patrolling the perimeter. Or my own space based weapons platform to fend off the occasional ne'er-do-well.

Wait a minute, I wonder how Vermont is doing these days.