When Shooting in RAW, What Color Space Should You Use? - PhotographyCorner.com Forums

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Photography News

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

#1    Top
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Photography Anchorman
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
When Shooting in RAW, What Color Space Should You Use?

Most cameras that allow you to shoot raw also have numerous other options including the choice of color space between sRGB and Adobe RGB. But if you use raw, does the color space really matter?....

Read More...
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:37 AM
mrchile
This message has been deleted by mrchile.
  #2    Top
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: When Shooting in RAW, What Color Space Should You Use?

Quote:
My second follow up question to scratch your head over is, if Adobe Camera Raw allows the choice of ProPhoto RGB in addition to the basic sRGB versus Adobe RGB dichotomy, why doesn't Nikon (and I believe Canon too) allow users to select ProPhoto RGB in camera? On this one, I have no clue. Early versions of Nikon Capture didn't support ProPhoto RGB conversion, but the program has now for several years. As such, this seems to be an inconsistency of design I can't account for

This may be a moot question, unless you are shooting Jpeg and want the prophoto profile.
Since in RAW, you can choose whatever profile you want with a click of a button in your editing software's RAW converter, I don't see a need to have the choice in camera.