Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography 101

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old May 4th, 2012, 09:01 PM
The One and Only
Recent Photo: Wood Frog
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
printing on canvas

I was wondering, if anyone knows of a GOOD company in (preferably in Canada), which I could use for printing out my photos on canvas?

I thought this going to be easy, but I have read some terrible reviews. Maybe that's because I am having to look at the lower priced companies (can't afford to pay a lot), so any help will be greatly appreciated.

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
  #2    Top
Old May 5th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Magjic_Caverns
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: printing on canvas

I can't help you much with Canada, however MPIX seems to be a favorite down here.
Bill H.
  #3    Top
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Recent Photo: mrchile - Peony
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

I also can't help with Canada, but I was extremely happy with the work I got from Mpix.

RediPix review by Tim

Nations Photo Lab Wish I could tell you what I think of their product but...my husband hasn't claimed his prize yet (yes, from his win a year ago!)

Check out the reviews section if you have time and maybe Tim or someone else in Canada can chime in...
  #4    Top
Old May 9th, 2012, 10:10 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Yeah, RediPix Michelle mentioned above is fantastic. Shipping up to Canada was reasonable as well.

I haven't used www.posterjack.ca, but have heard good things about them. They're located in Ontario.
  #5    Top
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:04 AM

Personally, I stopped on bestcanvas.ca because I like prices, reliable support and fast shipment. I checked about 5 companies, contacted them all because I had several questions about canvas and how large must be my picture (pixels), etc. I liked bestcanvas because they work really quickly. I'll upload my 3 split picture later on public server so you can watch it.
Anyway, this was the shop I order the canvas print
bestcanvas.ca
Sponsors
  #6    Top
Old August 28th, 2012, 04:12 AM

If you want A4 or A3 canvas size, you can print your own. Look on Ebay. I have used A4 and had very good results. Of course, if you want to go really big, then I suspect the advice in previous replies is the way to go.
  #7    Top
Old August 28th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I use a local Vegas company and they do a great job http://theweddingpainter.com/
They also ship anywhere in the world!
  #8    Top
Old September 6th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Winter - Thames River
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I know Camera Canada prints on canvas - haven't tried it yet, but I was very happy with their regular prints.
In the past, I used CanvasOnDemand. They have a pro option, where you can save on your canvas if you add 'studio sample' to the image - I added it to the top, so you don't see if when it's on the wall.

My Flickr

Save A Dolphin
  #9    Top
Old November 3rd, 2012, 03:22 PM

I will suggest Mphix...have used it own and works good to me
  #10    Top
Old January 17th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Recent Photo: Ft. Lauderdale Rising

I am so glad this thread is on here because I was wondering the same thing except I live in FL. Will check out mpix for sure!
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography 101