Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks > Allentown, PA

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#51    Top
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Brother
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: We're Meeting Up in Allentown 2013!

Shellie, you got it! Hope you can make it! Excited to meet you!!

Viktor, it will be great to meet you too! I didn't know your parents were in Allentown. Whenever you are in the area, let me know! If you do make the meetup, invite your parents along. The more the merrier!
Allentown, PA Corner Meetup!
I know the REAL Mike Dorn!!
  #52    Top
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Premiere Member

Sweet, it looks as if I may end up making the trip again! I had a chat with other family members about the family obligations bit I spoke of earlier in the thread and have been given the go ahead for the trip.

If anyone is interested I checked with the hotel where I'll most likely end up and a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite(NS) runs just shy of $691 per bedroom Sunday(5th check-in) to Sunday(12th check-out).

Under $100(ok, barely) a night, just throwing it out there.
  #53    Top
Old September 4th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20DNewbie View Post
Sweet, it looks as if I may end up making the trip again! I had a chat with other family members about the family obligations bit I spoke of earlier in the thread and have been given the go ahead for the trip.

If anyone is interested I checked with the hotel where I'll most likely end up and a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite(NS) runs just shy of $691 per bedroom Sunday(5th check-in) to Sunday(12th check-out).

Under $100(ok, barely) a night, just throwing it out there.

Was that the place you crashed last time?
Im still hoping to make the whole week. With my Mommas deterioating health, Im still a go, but will see for how long when it gets closer.
Visit me here..Room57
  #54    Top
Old September 4th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Premiere Member

Yup, that's the joint.

Full hot breakfast everyday, light dinner w/beer or wine Mon.-Thurs., indoor pool(tiny), gym, basketball half court outside, full kitchen with pots/pans/glasses/silverware, two burner stove top,full size fridge, coffee maker, microwave. The one I stay at up this way has outdoor gas grills available and will also go to the supermarket if you give them a list and stock your supplies if your not in when they get back(I imagine this one does also). They also have a little mini mart with snacks, drinks(including beer/wine), frozen dinners, ice cream and such. All included in the room rate(aside from the mini mart, your on your own with that but I always run a tab on the room).

Yeah, I really do love staying there.

Sorry to hear about your moms health. You can always go on a trip, moms are more important.
  #55    Top
Old September 4th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Very cool. Sounds like a great place.
Somehow I will be there. Right now Im looking for help with Momma. Sort of checking out options.
Visit me here..Room57
Sponsors
  #56    Top
Old September 7th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Brother
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

The hotel Christian stayed at is very nice...and it's only 5 minutes from my house, not the 20 the other one was.

Here's the website: http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en...WHW/index.html

There are several hotels along route 100 in Allentown. Look for hotels in Breinigsville or Fogelsville and you will find them. (LOTS of dining local to all of these hotels too.)

Mike Dorn's wife works at the Holiday Inn http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/...s-_-hi-_-abelv
Allentown, PA Corner Meetup!
I know the REAL Mike Dorn!!
  #57    Top
Old September 7th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Have a great time and post lots of pictures so the rest of us can be there vicariously.
  #58    Top
Old September 7th, 2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj_Delikat View Post

Mike Dorn's wife works at the Holiday Inn
Mike Dorn Rocks.
Visit me here..Room57
  #59    Top
Old September 9th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Premiere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj_Delikat View Post
The hotel Christian stayed at is very nice...and it's only 5 minutes from my house, not the 20 the other one was.
And the best part about that is there are two Chick-fil-A restaurants within five miles of it.
  #60    Top
Old September 9th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Premiere Member

T, you should have swung by for breakfast(don't worry, I'd let you in the side door).