Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

Closed Thread

#1    Top
Old July 24th, 2012, 12:53 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Contest Corner Challenge #100: Behind the Lens

Title: Contest Corner Challenge #100: Behind the Lens

Start Date: Tuesday, July 24th, 2012 (photos taken before this date are not eligible).

Entries Due By: Monday, September 10th, 2012 (entries are due in by midnight, and voting will begin the next day). And yes, you read this right - you get a month and a half for this one!!)

Sponsors:
  • Red River Paper: Inkjet paper from inkjet paper experts.
  • Topaz Labs: Creators of software that simplifies image enhancement, allowing photographers (professional, amateur and hobbyists) to achieve the most common corrective and create post processing workflow tasks. With powerful and easy-to-use programs, users can quickly enhance their digital images with flexible adjustments that are easy to apply and customize.
  • Think Tank Photo: A group of designers and professional photographers focused on studying how photographers work and developing inventive new carrying solutions that meet their needs. They are dedicated to using only the highest quality materials and design principles, and employing materials that are environmentally benign.
  • Lowepro: Inventors and designers (of popular camera bags), photographers and lovers of the natural world who take our reputation as The Trusted Original™ to heart.
  • Cotton Carrier: The Cotton Carrier Camera System was created by photographer Andy Cotton Chamberlayne. In his dual careers as a successful landscape photographer and prominent Special Effects Coordinator for the motion picture industry, Andy recognized the need for a more comfortable, secure and efficient way to carry a heavy SLR camera. The Cotton Carrier works with any SLR, Point & Shoot, or Video Camera using the standard 1/4" tripod mount system, with any camera and lens size combination.

Prizes: If the winner is a Premiere Member, they will receive the following prize pack valued at $684!!:
If the winner is not a Premiere Member, they will receive a Lifetime, Level I Premiere Membership.

Description: For the first 99 CCC's, you were challenged you to go out and photograph something or someone. Your challenge for the 100th Contest Corner Challenge is to photograph yourself! You can use a mirror or a reflection of some sort, or a timer - it doesn't really matter how you do it, but we want to see the face behind the lens (and we want to see your face clearly - no shadows, etc). You can take a photograph of yourself in the mirror with your camera in front of your face, but let's see at least half of your face, ok? Don't be shy - you get to be in front of the lens for once! We want to finally see who's been taking those photos! Update: The title of your entry will simply be your username.

READ BEFORE ENTERING: Before entering a photograph, be sure to read the guidelines and submission requirements listed here: Contest Corner Rules & Regulations. Any photographs submitted that do not adhere to these guidelines will be rejected and sent back. Please make sure the photograph is taken during the contest period.
  #2    Top
Old July 24th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Contest Corner Challenge #100: Behind the Lens

Self portrait was one of the toughest things I've done. I guess it's time to do it again........

Gear List

'Every other artist begins with a blank canvas, a piece of paper the photographer begins with the finished product. ' ..... Edward Steichen
  #3    Top
Old July 25th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: All Alone
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

A month and a half, wow! And some sweet prizes too. Now only if I can muster up the courage for a selfie!
You don't take a photograph, you make it. ~Ansel Adams

And now I know the real Mike Dorn too!
  #4    Top
Old July 25th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Mallets
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

This sounds like fun... Now to start planning. I haven't been around in a while but will attempt this one. I can't seem to completely leave The Corner any way . Interested to see what Carl comes up with.
  #5    Top
Old July 26th, 2012, 01:15 AM

Nubie here, so where do we post the photo ?
  #6    Top
Old July 26th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishas Net View Post
Nubie here, so where do we post the photo ?
Read the first post in this thread again. Then follow the links for contest corner rules and regulations. Everything you will need to know about entering is in that link.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #7    Top
Old July 26th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Hmmmmm gonna have to think of something original!
  #8    Top
Old July 26th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

well I may be out. I was attempting this and well as the saying goes I broke the camera and it is in for repairs

Let that be a lesson...never point a camera in my direction as it might just break on you.
  #9    Top
Old July 26th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

This one, could really really be interesting. I have a couple of thoughts, and might see what I can come up with. My biggest issue is I suffer from PF. If I didnt have that it would be easy.
Visit me here..Room57
Sponsors
  #10    Top
Old July 26th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Cranes before sunrise
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I love to take part at this! Great theme for the 100th contest.