Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment > SLRs (Film & Digital)

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner
View Poll Results: Choosing a SLR camera
Cannon 350D 8 44.44%
Nikon D70 7 38.89%
Other 3 16.67%
You may not vote on this poll

#1    Top
Old July 6th, 2005, 04:02 AM
Choosing a SLR camera

reply with a reason
  #2    Top
Old July 6th, 2005, 07:36 AM
By His Grace
Recent Photo: Sunrise on the Beach
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSpecial Contribution Award: This award is given for extremely dedicated work towards the growth and success of PhotographyCorner. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Either are more camera than most are capable of using.
  #3    Top
Old July 6th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Vernal Equinox
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
I'd say the Nikon. There are fewer letters and numbers to memorize D70 vs. 350D

These polls are nothing more than a popularity contest based on what somebody happens to already own. So as a means of getting meaningful advice I say they are pretty worthless.

Either camera will perform greatly in the right hands. I'd say go into a shop and try both of them out. Check the features and the layout of the buttons, dials and menus. Determine for yourself which one makes the most sense to you. The one that you are most comfortable with will be the one that will perform best for you in the end. The real thing you ultimatley want to concentrate on are the lenses that go with the body. Canon and Nikon both make excellent lenses so you can't go wrong there.

Moderator Emeritus

Great photographs are never taken they are created.
  #4    Top
Old July 6th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Premiere Jerk
Recent Photo: Ripple Path
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Both cameras will do an excellent Job. - Go to the store and try out both. Look at there accessories. If you still like both, see which one you can get a better deal on. With the extra money saved, you can buy a second lens.
  #5    Top
Old July 6th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Elite Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
The one that fits your needs most.
  #6    Top
Old July 6th, 2005, 12:02 PM
They are pretty similar. If you have some lenses for one brand vs. the other, you should go with that one. One less thing to buy.
Sponsors
  #7    Top
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:31 PM
I am getting the cannon because i like cannon's ive had a snappy af point and shoot for 16 years and its still going.

Its also cheaper and that will let me pick up a second lens when im ready for it.
  #8    Top
Old July 16th, 2005, 04:50 PM
I am die-hard canon shooter and i really like the 350d. It is just really really nice and pretty small, too. I liek that camera.
For God so Loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whosoever believeth in him may not perish, but have life eternal. (John 3:16)
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment > SLRs (Film & Digital)