Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#21    Top
Old April 11th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Pet Peeves

I thought of another one that pertains to driving. How difficult is it to use your turn signal when making a left or right turn? I was able to learn that pulling the lever down signals a left turn and pushing it up signals a right turn in no time at all. I can not believe the number of drivers who refuse to use their turn signals or the ones who start braking before using their turn signal. Just use your turn signal first so I will know why you are braking. DUH!

I've got to stop. I'm getting irritated as I type this.

Jerry
  #22    Top
Old April 11th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Premiere Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jriepe View Post
I thought of another one that pertains to driving. How difficult is it to use your turn signal when making a left or right turn? I was able to learn that pulling the lever down signals a left turn and pushing it up signals a right turn in no time at all. I can not believe the number of drivers who refuse to use their turn signals or the ones who start braking before using their turn signal. Just use your turn signal first so I will know why you are braking. DUH!

I've got to stop. I'm getting irritated as I type this.

Jerry
Jerry, turn signals are a sign of weakness...!!

Why would you possibly want to let on to unsuspecting motorists what your intentions are? Keep'em guessing!!

Although, recently (at least in Massachusetts) I've learned that the activation of a turn signal automatically gives you full acess to the lane which you choose to change to regardless of the laws of physics pertaining to two objects occupying the same space.....

Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone........

Anonymous

My Official Gear List
  #23    Top
Old April 11th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I also love those drivers who keep their left foot on the brake pedal with their brake lights coming on and going off intermittently. And then there are people who will block a side street while stopped for a red light. Should I keep going or is that enough?

Jerry
  #24    Top
Old April 11th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Flower Seed Head
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Yesterday, we went out to eat at a restaurant nearby. There was this short street/alley (just barely wide enough for two cars to pass each other) that you drove down to get to the parking lot behind the restaurant. The alley dead ends at the parking lot, and there's no other way to get in or out of the lot. I'm leaving the parking lot, turn onto the alley to get out to the main street, and pull up behind an SUV that is stopped at a stop sign... And, oh yeah, there's no one in SUV. I had to go around the SUV to turn onto the main street, blocking anyone trying to pull into the alley, and from the left side, I couldn't see traffic coming. There was tons of parking in the parking lot, not to mention, who parks in front of a stop sign?

"If you really want to hurt your parents, go into the arts."
-Kurt Vonnegut

My blog
My Facebook page
Connect with me on Twitter @nicoleannstpaul

Last edited by CornflakeGirl; April 11th, 2013 at 11:30 AM.
  #25    Top
Old April 11th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornflakeGirl View Post
Yesterday, we went out to eat at a restaurant nearby. There was this short street/alley (just barely wide enough for two cars to pass each other) that you drove down to get to the parking lot behind the restaurant. The alley dead ends at the parking lot, and there's no other way to get in or out of the parking lot. I'm leaving the parking lot, turn onto the alley to get out the main street, and pull up behind an SUV that is stopped at a stop sign... And, oh yeah, there's no one in SUV. I had to go around the SUV to turn onto the main street, blocking anyone trying to pull into the alley, and from the left side, I couldn't see traffic coming. There was tons of parking in the parking lot, not to mention, who parks in front of a stop sign?
Someone in a real hurry to be an a-hole....How about you try and take your best gal (or wife in my case) out for a nice quiet dinner for 2 and you just have you dinner set and the family of 4 with a screaming toddler sits at the adjacent table. If you can't control your kids...eat in.
  #26    Top
Old April 11th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Flower Seed Head
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I agree, if a kid is screaming at a restaurant, leave. We've been having to put off some stuff we'd like to do because we know Evie isn't at a point developmentally to be ready for it. It sucks, but it's what you have to do.

"If you really want to hurt your parents, go into the arts."
-Kurt Vonnegut

My blog
My Facebook page
Connect with me on Twitter @nicoleannstpaul
  #27    Top
Old April 11th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Office people.

They have no concept of what it takes to lift heavy equipment up the stairs, or deliver machinery. We constantly get directions to places and they say...."oh it is up a couple of stairs". last time I checked a "couple" was 2. Not two or three flights.
They have no idea of time, and what it takes to lift a 200lb machine up the stairs. They will schedule two calls, and not even factor in the time it takes to put the machine in place, or do the hook ups then promise the customer an unreasonable time frame to get it put in place.
Office people should not be allowed to organize anything that involves anything outside their cubicle. In fact, when they get in their cubicle, it should be nailed shut with a lid on it. ...forever....
Yes, todays install sucked, cause all the info provided to us was wrong....by an office person.
Visit me here..Room57
  #28    Top
Old April 11th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: 2013_09_26_4135_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Manufacturers who sell fake crap. No I mean it. I bought several bags of manure, for the garden. My plan was to mix it with the sand in my garden.
Nuts! The manure turned out to be sand with large chunks of wood chips in it. Man I'd like to see the cow, that excreted those chunks of wood.
  #29    Top
Old April 11th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Senior VIP Member

Many parents drive their children to the school my daughter attends as do I. Most parents stay in the outside lane and stop at the curb to let their child out of the car then move on. Many mornings at least one parent will have business to attend to inside the school and will leave their car parked at curbside making everyone pull around their parked car into the busy rush hour inside lane. There is a parking lot directly across the street from the school.
Again as I've been harping on this is another sign of inconsideration. Many people feel they have a right to inconvenience others in order to make things convenient for themselves. I would love to see the police issuing tickets for this illegal action just as happened in the case with Nicole.

Jerry
Sponsors
  #30    Top
Old April 12th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara Falls sunset
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

People complaining about other people without taking a critical look at and bettering themselves...

My Smugmug
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner