Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old April 14th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Pet Delights (Simple Pleasures)

To balance out Nicole's, (Cornflake girl), recent pet peeve thread, I thought it might be good to list the little things that we enjoy.
As a side note, it makes me wonder about our true nature when after searching, I didn't find an antonym for pet peeves that was in common usage.

Some little things I enjoy. In no particular order than what occurs to me off the top of my head.

Lounging around with my dog Willy. He's a great snuggler.
Beer!
Making,(and eating), ice cream. I could go on about food ad infinitem.
The smell of the air in Hawaii. There's something intangible about it's fragrance.
Real maple syrup, especially on pancakes that are delicately crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside, and on ice cream. OOps, more food. Must be getting near lunch time.
Spring and summer.
Fall and winter can have delights as well.
Whenever I manage to capture a picture exactly the way I envisioned it.
Whenever I get a neat result on a shot that I wasn't expecting.
Unusual body mutations.

More later... maybe
and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin
  #2    Top
Old April 14th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: Mathey College
Re: Pet Delights

My dog. Spacey makes us laugh every single day.
A nap after a day of doing nothing.
Found money.
  #3    Top
Old April 14th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Spending time with my daughter.
New camera equipment (mine, of course).
Being able to frequent my favorite shooting locations.
Seeing bald eagles, owls or any other raptor.
Having Chinese or Japanese food.
My Gear
  #4    Top
Old April 14th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Sitting out under a canopy of stars in the mountains.

Playing cards in a tent using a gas lantern for light while rain gently falls on the canvas.

Remembering her birth when my older daughter's first act was to wrap her tiny hand around my finger.

My younger daughter laying our birthday decorations for me last Thursday.

My wife.

Easter.

The National Anthem, especially during the Olympics.

Solving a nagging problem.

Getting a good critique from a tough reviewer (c'mon...admit it: y'all do too).

Spending time alone in the woods and my camera, praying with my eyes (to quote Dewitt Jones).

And, John, I think there is a phrase for it: joy.

flickr Photostream
  #5    Top
Old April 14th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Running agility, flyballm and lure coursing with my dogs.
Engaging in Pet Assisted Therapy
Pizza
Hiking
  #6    Top
Old April 14th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: 2013_09_26_4135_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Memories. Like when I was a much younger man and worked the night shift, waking to my two babies sitting at my bed, watching and waiting for me to wake.
The day my first, my son was born. The day we brought our adopted daughter home. Giving thanks for being an old sentimental fool.
And going from the sublime; poppy seed kolaches, red wine, apple pie and strudel.
  #7    Top
Old April 14th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Account Disabled
Recent Photo: Buick '55
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

"steep & deep", ie 1st tracks (skiing) in new powder snow on a cold, crisp, blue sky day in the mountains.
Any day flyfishing on a classic chalkstream...if I can match the hatch!
Hikes in the mountains, especially on an Indian Summer kinda day in late September.
Good meatloaf....and 1 particular potato salad recipe.
My 2 sons and their families (4 grandkids)....keeps me grounded and with a sense of continuity.
Any time a NY ball team loses (originally from Boston area)!
  #8    Top
Old April 14th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Flower Seed Head
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

My delights:

The sun. Whether it's warm or cold, I just want to see the sun.
My mom. My memories are bitter-sweet. The bitter is because she died too young. The sweet is for all the rest of the time I got to be with her.
My daughter. She's crazy and she drives me crazy, but it's easy to love her, unconditionally.
Vacations, traveling. If I get the chance to see the entire world, I will do it.
Music. I can't help but move when I hear music. Neither can my daughter.
The piano. I had to take a break from playing the piano for some years, but we just bought one, and I'm so excited to start playing again.
Mountains and wilderness. It's where I go to recharge. I don't get there often enough.
My camera. It's my main form of expression these days.
Writing. It's my other form of expression.
Reading. It's almost more an addiction than just a delight.
Sewing. I've wanted to sew since I was a teenager. I'm getting a late start, but I'm finally there.

"If you really want to hurt your parents, go into the arts."
-Kurt Vonnegut

My blog
My Facebook page
Connect with me on Twitter @nicoleannstpaul
  #9    Top
Old April 14th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Junior VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Any time a NY ball team loses (originally from Boston area)!
  #10    Top
Old April 14th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Horror movies.
Music and photography.
Visit me here..Room57
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner