Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old April 16th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Premiere Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Pet Delights

Our beach vacation in Maine every August with my wife & son.......

Rise early, have some breakfast and onto the beach where we hang for the entire day. Sit in a chair with an iPod, a little boogey boarding and swimming all while soaking in some warm sunshine. Then it's off for a shower, some dinner and usually a stoll downtown....

Repeat for 7 days!

Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone........

Anonymous

My Official Gear List
  #12    Top
Old April 16th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjin_nav View Post

And, John, I think there is a phrase for it: joy.
What I was really going for was a term that is used to describe just simple little pleasures similar to; "pet peeves" that describes those minor annoyances.
And for me at least, some of the stuff being mentioned goes more toward life fulfilling than simple pleasures. SIMPLE PLEASURES!!!! THAT"S IT!!!

Not complaining here. As long as we're all keeping on the good side, who gives a flying monkey's butt about particulars?

More SP's:
That moment when something dawns on you, and you finally "get it".(see above)
Watching my nephew play baseball.
Eating a ripe tomato right out of the garden.
Chocolate
A healthy belch after a tasty meal.
Beer
When a butterfly lands on me
Birds chirping by my window when I first wake up.
The smell of freshly mown hay.
and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin
  #13    Top
Old April 16th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Junior VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

That first cup of coffee in the morning.

Walking barefoot in the grass.

A phone call from my Honey.

Having the weekend off from work.
  #14    Top
Old April 16th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Account Disabled
Recent Photo: Buick '55
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchile View Post
......................... SIMPLE PLEASURES!!!! THAT"S IT!!!

A healthy belch after a tasty meal.
Beer
Simple Pleasures it is....bingo!

Are you sure the order isn't reversed, ie beer THEN good belch?

Other SP's:
  • the unbridled laugh of a small child (3-9) at play.....lest we forget.
  • the warmth of the sun on a cool, crisp morning......remembering many but most notably a 35 deg sunrise at the Grand Canyon....by 8 AM it felt balmy!
  • the smell of the deep woods in the early Spring and again in the Fall.....distinctly different but both are pleasurable and convey a coming and going of another cycle.
  #15    Top
Old April 16th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Recent Photo: Horses In Winter
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

All students in our elementary school had to go home for lunch. The simple pleasure of opening the door at home to the smell of freshly baked tea biscuits that mom had prepared just for our lunch. With melting butter and a perhaps little brown sugar mom knew her little boys were very content. That was almost 60 years ago and when I close my eyes I can still smell those tea biscuits.

Some people are only as happy as they make up their minds to be.
  #16    Top
Old April 16th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: Mathey College

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Simple Pleasures it is....bingo!

Are you sure the order isn't reversed, ie beer THEN good belch?

Other SP's:
  • the unbridled laugh of a small child (3-9) at play.....lest we forget.
  • the warmth of the sun on a cool, crisp morning......remembering many but most notably a 35 deg sunrise at the Grand Canyon....by 8 AM it felt balmy!
  • the smell of the deep woods in the early Spring and again in the Fall.....distinctly different but both are pleasurable and convey a coming and going of another cycle.
I LOVE the scent of autumn. Sometimes when I go riding in the country, I can smell smokehouses going in the distance and it's heaven.
  #17    Top
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

my daughters freckles
my sons laugh
hugs from my husband
girls night out with my friends
my sisters cakes
shooting guns with my family
cuddles from my boxer
Sunshine
clean sheets fresh from the dryer
shrimp tacos
cute toenails
colored pens
Pepsi
days spent floating at the lake
music
coffee with my mom
the smell of rain in the desert, coconut suntan oil, lilacs and hoppes no 9 gun oil
books
Sponsors
  #18    Top
Old April 17th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Simple Pleasures

Simple Pleasures it is, John!

More:
Those who run toward a tragedy.
Warm blankets on a cold evening.
The scent of air right after rain.
"Hi, Daddy!"

flickr Photostream
  #19    Top
Old April 17th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Photography - of course
Being in the country
Warm but overcast days when out shooting
Warm and bright sunny days when not out shooting
Hearing my daughter say "I love you". (to me)
Waterfalls
Scenic landscapes
A good macro shot
And like Kristin my first cup of coffee in the morning
Babies - I adore and love them greatly
Motorcycling
Hiking trails
People who have a great sense of humor
A good rain for my lawn when it needs it
The sense of accomplishment after a job well done.
Travel
  #20    Top
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Recent Photo: mrchile - Peony
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Re: Pet Delights (Simple Pleasures)

My hubby
My kids
My pets
The smell of fresh cut grass
Gooey chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven
Camping
Campfires

I agree - getting good feedback from someone you respect.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner