Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Feedback > Questions & Suggestions

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old June 6th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Banned
Recent Photo: Seagull Cloud
Edit your Post...but how?

"You may edit your Post". Wonderful, but...there's no "Edit" on my post. This website is slowly but surely driving me crazy! I'm a web designer myself, and the illogical setup of this site is incredible! No "My Gallery" where a user can store photos (at least I haven't found it yet), contest are at the good luck that someone sees your photos, etc. Honestly, I think it could be done better!
  #2    Top
Old June 6th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: Edit your Post...but how?

There is only a limited window for editing posts something like 15 minutes after the initial posting
  #3    Top
Old June 6th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Account Disabled
Recent Photo: Buick '55
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

There is a time limit for editing after you submit a post, I believe it's around 10 minutes....I've run up against it several times and over it once or twice. I'd rather it was open ended BUT I also understand that changing/editing a message can make interim replies look VERY disjointed. If there is a compelling reason to edit your post you can always ask a mod to make the change for you but I'd imagine that should be a rare occurence.

Re the My Gallery option, there is the general gallery AND the option to create your own album (ie gallery) within the General Gallery. Your album can either be publicly accessed OR private (ie you only). Thus you have at least 3 different gallery options, ie general public, your own gallery/album as public or as private. Works for me and numerous others.

Re "....contest are at the good luck that someone sees your photos, etc." I'm afraid you'll have to clarify what you mean. There are specific contests, many of which run concurrently in staggered open/close periods. Some are only open to Premiere Members (ie paid) but the POTM/POTY and other "themes" are open to the general membership (ie free).

It's not uncommon for something new and/or unfamiliar to be a bit confusing at first. Each of us has a tendency to like things laid out in ways we're accustomed to. I'd caution you to not be so quick to "who moved my cheese?" and investigate what/where/how this site functions so well for so many others. If you're uncertain, you only need ask and/or look in the Questions & Suggestions forum. If you have suggestions as to how things could be better, Tim Walker is very receptive to considering proposals. If you have experience designing AND sustaining a website, you know that not every desired suggestion is compatible and/or can be implemented immediately. It also takes "horsepower" (time, effort, money) to implement change. The site does have paid memberships and the occasional fundraiser to facilitate such.
  #4    Top
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Recent Photo: mrchile - Peony
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Thanks Tim and Russ for your replies.

If you really need a post edited after the 15 minute time frame you can post in the Ask a Mod section or just send a PM to one of us.

My sig has some links that may help you get around.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Feedback > Questions & Suggestions