Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old June 10th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
600mm f/4 AFS II D ED-IF

It's official. Will be going down to talk to my "eagle-photographing" friend and discussing the purchase (via payment plan) of his AF-S 600mm f/4 D ED-IF II on Wednesday, June 12, 2013, as he has purchased the newest 800mm f/5.6 FL G ED-IF VR, so he is selling the 600mm f/4.

The past 5 years of photography has all culminated in the purchase of this lens. If this lens goes through it will also give me enough finances left over from my original equipment acquisition plan (which was originally to just purchase a 600mm VR (the newest model)) to purchase a 300mm f/2.8 VRII (which I will utilize for birds in flight).

I have a mated pair of bald eagles in Green Timbers Park (the park closest to my residence) that I have been itching to photograph (from across the lake). The results that I have obtained with the 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII+TC-20EIII have been subpar at best. I tend to call them "my bald eagles", as considering how close they are to my home, they are within easy commute. Of course, the Green Timbers Park Association would have something to say about that.

I'm looking forward to better images in the future with utilizing 600mm+ range (with the addition of the TC-14 (mark 1 1.4x teleconverter - manual focus).

From Nikon E2200 point & shoot to D300s/600 f/4; it's been a looooong journey. And I'm looking forward to having that "beast" in my hands and able to shoot Mom & Pop @ Green Timbers.
My Gear
  #2    Top
Old June 10th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: 600mm f/4 AFS II D ED-IF

Congrats now just add that d4 or d3x and you'll be cooking with gas.....haha.

Seriously though have fun with this lens its a real monster
  #3    Top
Old June 10th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Premiere Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I hope you have good luck with it!! You do realize it's a N I K O N...........

Seriously, I'd like to get an upper body workout slugging around that monster.

Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone........

Anonymous

My Official Gear List
  #4    Top
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

~evil grin~ What...you means it's a Nikon?!!

I'm sure I'm going to have to find a nice Gitzo tripod/gimbal to go along with it.
My Gear
  #5    Top
Old June 11th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Congratulations...i know you have been waiting a long time for this...good luck with it,and looking forward to seeing the images you take.
  #6    Top
Old June 12th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Senior VIP Member

Going down today to talk with my friend on the payment plan with regards to the purchase of the 600mm f/4 D ED-IF II.

Still pinching myself that it's all coming true.
My Gear
  #7    Top
Old June 12th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Senior VIP Member

It's home... Man, it's heavy. 11 pounds on one arm never felt so "painful". Yep...need a tripod for this one.

My Gear
  #8    Top
Old June 13th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

A tripod and a churpa
  #9    Top
Old June 13th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Senior VIP Member

I'll make sure I phone Himalaya Sherpas R Us in the morning.
My Gear
Sponsors
  #10    Top
Old June 13th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Wow...that looks like a monster lens...best of luck with it.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner