Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Urban Scenes

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old October 27th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
In the gallery

It seems that there have been quite a number of street scenes posted lately in this area. I've really been enjoying them. However, I am going to take you inside with this post.

Took part of the day yesterday and visited the National Art Gallery in Ottawa. I don't kinow how many times I have been in the building, and yet, there always seems to be another angle to shoot. Following is a selection from the visit. I didn't feel like carrying the D800 and decided to exercise the D300 (with 16-85mm lens) since it hadn't seen the light of day for a little while.

Starting with a stroll through the long glass enclosed ramp that leads to the displays:

"The Vanishing Point"
f/4.5, 1/800, 16mm, ISO 800

A look back at the entrance lobby, check in counter:

"Reception"
[f/4.2, 1/400, 28mm, ISO 800]

Continuing up the ramp.

"Red"
[f/8, 1/20, 45mm, ISO 800]

And finally one showing the splendour of light, symmetry and geometry that the architect [Moshe Safdie] put into this magnificent building:

"Lights minus one"
[f/8, 1/50, 16mm, ISO 1600]

Thanks for looking. C & C always appreciated.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #2    Top
Old October 27th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: In the gallery

Nice series Mario. I only see one possible distortion correction you might make in the second. There seems to be some slight pincushion effect there, unless the structure is actually bowed that way.
and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin
  #3    Top
Old October 27th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Wonderful series of shots Mario. Welcome back by the way....I know you were never really gone...just really busy.
  #4    Top
Old October 28th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Premiere Member

What an interesting building Mario. When was it built? I particularly like the final shot; that strong diagonal from the bottom left leading your eyes to the blue centre of the (dome?), and the intersecting layers of colour.
  #5    Top
Old October 29th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchile View Post
Nice series Mario. I only see one possible distortion correction you might make in the second. There seems to be some slight pincushion effect there, unless the structure is actually bowed that way.
Thanks for pointing that out. Sometimes I get too focused on one aspect or another and miss something like this. It is an awesome building if you ever get a chance to visit Ottawa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiledogs View Post
Wonderful series of shots Mario. Welcome back by the way....I know you were never really gone...just really busy.
Thanks. I periodically 'lurk' to see what's happening, and miss the constant interaction. But getting back on every now and then is always a goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieC View Post
What an interesting building Mario. When was it built? I particularly like the final shot; that strong diagonal from the bottom left leading your eyes to the blue centre of the (dome?), and the intersecting layers of colour.
Thanks Melanie. That shot is taken on a tilt. The leading diagonal from the bottom left is the ceiling of the hallway that leads into the small atrium whose ceiling is on the top right.
The gallery opened in 1988. Some info :http://www.gallery.ca/en/about/building.php

Thanks everyone.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #6    Top
Old October 29th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Premiere Member

Thanks for the link Mario. I like the sound of the landscaping too. Hmmm, the site could do with some photos for that page...
  #7    Top
Old November 8th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: hauz khas, new delhi

a well captured series Mario....loved the 'red'.....