Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Urban Scenes

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old November 2nd, 2013, 02:49 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Squares

I haven't done much street photography in years, but this scene in downtown Austin intrigued me this morning. Lumix LF1:

Streetshot-web by tombarry975, on Flickr
  #2    Top
Old November 3rd, 2013, 08:50 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Squares

Good eye guy.
Nice composition of elements, and just a little eye bending.
and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin
  #3    Top
Old November 3rd, 2013, 12:58 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Thanks. Strange, isn't it?
  #4    Top
Old November 4th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Premiere Member

Well spotted. I like the slightly wobbly lines of the reflected building amongst all of those straight ones.
  #5    Top
Old November 7th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Premiere Member

Thank you very much.
  #6    Top
Old November 7th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Very nice - and the bw processing really let's you wander around all those lines. I like it

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #7    Top
Old November 7th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: First-day-of-school

I agree with Mario, I like the lines too. The garbage bin right in the center bothers my eye a bit but otherwise good shot!!
  #8    Top
Old November 8th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: hauz khas, new delhi

a very interesting urban scape well composed....the lone fellow gives a sense of scale and movement....
also, i found the sign 'do not enter' adding to the feel of the image
  #9    Top
Old November 9th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Premiere Member

Thanks for the thoughtful comments.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Urban Scenes