Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old November 7th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Elite VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPremiere Project of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins the Premiere Project of the Year contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Patiently Waiting - macro

a crab spider waits patiently for an unsuspecting insect to fly by, these guys amaze me with how they can hold this pose for what seems like an eternity,,

2-Edit by jaharris1701, on Flickr
Exposure 0.008 sec (1/125)
Aperture f/8.0
Focal Length 105 mm
ISO Speed 800
Exposure Bias 0 EV
Flash On, Fired
  #2    Top
Old November 8th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Patiently Waiting - macro

It's nice when you have time to capture a shot like this. He was very cooperative...lucky you lol. This is a good one.
  #3    Top
Old November 8th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Almost like (s)he's saying "want a hug?"

flickr Photostream
  #4    Top
Old November 8th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Elite VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPremiere Project of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins the Premiere Project of the Year contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjin_nav View Post
Almost like (s)he's saying "want a hug?"
Thank Marty and Tim,,,

Tim,, you volunteering ??
  #5    Top
Old November 8th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Recent Photo: Published
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

*shudders* spiders. Why couldn't it be a butterfly or something non creepy? lol.

Very nicely done though!

https://www.facebook.com/sharnalee65

I am currently an Official Photographer for Delicious Dolls Magazine.

If you'd like to see more of my work you can visit my website
http://boobear9358.smugmug.com/
Sponsors
  #6    Top
Old November 9th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Fantastic shot. She's a beauty!
and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin
  #7    Top
Old November 9th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Elite VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharna View Post
*shudders* spiders. Why couldn't it be a butterfly or something non creepy? lol.

Very nicely done though!
I know you hate spider Sharna I actually enjoy photographing them though, they make for interesting subjects as far as I'm concerned, I certainly wouldnt want them crawling on me though, I was watching a video of another macro shooter on Youtube last night by the name of Thomas Shahan, you wanna see something creepy, check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IXZFqUbFoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchile View Post
Fantastic shot. She's a beauty!
Thanks again my friend
  #8    Top
Old November 9th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Premiere Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

You are killing it lately with your macro stuff Jim!

This is one is no exception. Great focus and DOF.

Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone........

Anonymous

My Official Gear List
  #9    Top
Old November 9th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Elite VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
You are killing it lately with your macro stuff Jim!

This is one is no exception. Great focus and DOF.
thanks John, being that a macro lens is the only lens I have left since I sold my crop sensor camera I'm trying to keep busy and make do the season is slowly winding down though and subjects are getting fewer and further between still need to get an UWA, my wife had surgery and hasnt worked in over 2 months, so money's kinda tight this year
  #10    Top
Old November 13th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: First-day-of-school
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I have the biggest fear of spiders so when the pic came up I literally jumped in my seat lmao Otherwise its a fantastic shot!!! Well done.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things