Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old July 14th, 2005, 04:25 PM
My first photo post

This is my first post on the site. I've been doing a lot of sea life photograhy. I'm shooting with an Olympus Ultra-Zoom C-750 (4 MP )which is not the best camera in the world for shooting professional level shots - but it's been great for me to get some practice.

I purposly underexposed this shot. I liked the almost storybook moodiness it provided, but now I'm second guessing myself. I think it might be too dark. If I were to lighten it up, I could bring in more of the true colors of the eels. Suggestions?

-TC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eel-crop.gif
Views:	137
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	5438  
  #2    Top
Old July 15th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Easily Confused
Recent Photo: Stone Wall
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
very interesting shot... I like the smaller thumbnail better than the full size... seems a bit grainy though

Kenneth Tynan
  #3    Top
Old July 15th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Premiere Jerk
Recent Photo: Ripple Path
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Nice shot - I'm a purple fan!
  #4    Top
Old July 15th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Yeah, the shot's a little grainy and the focus is a little soft in some places; that's what happens when you shoot through water and three inches thick acrylic I'm afraid. I took what appears to be a reflection out of the upper right hand corner. What I'm really trying to figure out is the color - too dark? Of course, I appreciate feedback about anything -not just color. Dig in, nitpick (it will be good for me)

Here's what it looks like without the reflection and with the colors more true to real life.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eel-crop-2.gif
Views:	120
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	5455  
Sponsors
  #5    Top
Old July 15th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Elite Member
The first one is too dark, I like the second one , though it does make me homesick.
I got a Nikon camera
I love to take a photograph
So mama don't take my Kodachrome away
Paul Simon
  #6    Top
Old July 15th, 2005, 02:53 PM
i would like it more if there were more colors so you could up the contrast

the eels are just so freaking cool. everytime i see one i think of ursula and her --eels lol