Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment > SLRs (Film & Digital)

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old July 19th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Newbie Photographer Needs Help Finding A Camera

Ok, I would say I'm a newbie. I've been shooting pics for about a year or so. The only cameras I've ever had are low quality kodak digital cameras. I am looking at a Canon Digital Rebel XT camera. I love high resolution black and whites. Does anyone have any good suggestions for cameras, lenses or other equipment a beginner should have? Is a tripod something that will be useful right away? What type of camera bag is popular and functions well? Any other advice for a newbie? Where to find a good deal, websites to check out, things to watch out for when buying a camera? Etc, etc....
Thanks for the help, I'm loving all the info I've found on this website. I wish I would have found it sooner. I would have taken alot fewer bad pictures!
  #2    Top
Old July 19th, 2005, 05:34 PM
I own a Rebel xt. It is a nice camera and gives you the opportunity to really progress in photography. I use a tripod because my hands are not steady. The canon 70-200 f/4 is a great lens for the price. Check out www.bhphotovideo.com for some prices and equipment.
Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment > SLRs (Film & Digital)