Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old July 21st, 2005, 09:25 AM
Premiere Member
I read something a few days ago about Mars' orbit bringing it closer to earth than usual for a while. The article said it would be close enough to look the same size as the moon through a consumer type telescope.
  #12    Top
Old July 21st, 2005, 09:58 AM
Elite Member
Wow thats cool, didnt know you could do that. The detail is fantastic. If anyone does any Mars shots or even the moon again post em.

Cool

www.myspace.com/arfiusarf

DARK COMMUNITY EST 1998
Sponsors
  #13    Top
Old July 21st, 2005, 10:44 AM
Junior VIP Member
Wow! Cool shot.

Will you post it before the crop?
  #14    Top
Old July 21st, 2005, 01:15 PM
Junior VIP Member
Recent Photo: EKU Fountain
nice shot
nice detail
  #15    Top
Old July 21st, 2005, 01:26 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Wow, you can hook up a camera to a telescope!? Thats cool, i should bring out my telescope sometime...how do you go about hooking it onto the telescope, you can't just set it on a tripod and put it infront of the telescope...can you?

Canon AE-1 Program
  #16    Top
Old July 21st, 2005, 08:37 PM
Official Blood Sucker
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks for looking Seanpmc. They said that a couple of years ago too, but it didnt happen, not with my $1300 scope anyways. Hope it is better this time
Thanks Arfius, It took a few trys to get it this good
Michar... Just for you
http://fleas.smugmug.com/photos/388536-M-1.jpg
Thank you very much TechJD
Yes you can HaroldMeister, butyou have to have a very study hand and a good telescope. I have done that before. Best way besides buying a ccd just for astronomy or using a film camera with the adaptors is to get a digital camera holder for a telescope. It holds the camera to the lens and you can adjust it till it is correct. Mine is ScopeTronix and I bought it online several years ago for about $40

Photo Credits
University of Texas
Sonoran Audubon Society )
Phoenix Republic
Cobre center of Arts
ISP
Arizona State University
phoenix.about.com
phoenix.gov/TRESRIOS
Member....
Santa Maria Artist group
  #17    Top
Old July 21st, 2005, 08:48 PM
Bird Picture Guru
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Fleas ... sure you don't mean "SUPERMAN"? Good Lord, is there anything you cannot do?! Kudos ... as usual! WOW!
  #18    Top
Old July 21st, 2005, 09:07 PM
Official Blood Sucker
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks Legster.. Superman..heck no. I just enjoy doing things..

Photo Credits
University of Texas
Phoenix Republic
Cobre center of Arts
ISP
Arizona State University
phoenix.about.com
phoenix.gov/TRESRIOS
Member....
Santa Maria Artist group
  #19    Top
Old July 21st, 2005, 09:09 PM
Bird Picture Guru
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
And you do things well, my friend.
  #20    Top
Old July 21st, 2005, 09:13 PM
Official Blood Sucker
ahhh shucks

Photo Credits
University of Texas
Phoenix Republic
Cobre center of Arts
ISP
Arizona State University
phoenix.about.com
phoenix.gov/TRESRIOS
Member....
Santa Maria Artist group