Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

Closed Thread

#1    Top
Old April 4th, 2014, 01:57 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Contest Corner Challenge #109: Show Me the Green

Title: Contest Corner Challenge #109: Show Me the Green

Start Date: Friday, April 4th, 2014 (photos taken before this date are not eligible).

Entries Due By: Wednesday, May 14th, 2014 (entries are due in by midnight, and voting will begin the next day).

Sponsor: Think Tank Photo: A group of designers and professional photographers focused on studying how photographers work and developing inventive new carrying solutions that meet their needs. They are dedicated to using only the highest quality materials and design principles, and employing materials that are environmentally benign.

Prize: The winner will receive a Think Tank Photo CityWalker 30 (Blue) camera bag - a $165 value! Lightweight, soft and refined, these messenger bags have a hip-hugging form and room for a tablet or laptop. The fully removable insert enables you to go from a camera to messenger bag.

Description: No, we're not talking about money here - we're looking for photos of nature: green plants, grass, vegetables, etc. Get outside, looks for something growing that's green, take a photo, and send it in. No other restrictions. Go crazy.

READ BEFORE ENTERING: Before entering a photograph, be sure to read the guidelines and submission requirements listed here: Contest Corner Rules & Regulations. Any photographs submitted that do not adhere to these guidelines will be rejected and sent back. Please make sure the photograph is taken during the contest period.
  #3    Top
Old April 5th, 2014, 11:14 PM
The One and Only
Recent Photo: Wood Frog
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Contest Corner Challenge #109: Show Me the Green

Green??? It's either still white, or a muddy brown colour here in Alberta. It's still below 0C when I get up in the mornings. Might have to go shopping. LOL

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
  #4    Top
Old April 6th, 2014, 03:17 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gems View Post
Green??? It's either still white, or a muddy brown colour here in Alberta. It's still below 0C when I get up in the mornings. Might have to go shopping. LOL
I know... same here. But I'm giving you 6 weeks for this one. It's bound to be green before the middle of May, right?
  #5    Top
Old April 6th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim L. Walker View Post
I know... same here. But I'm giving you 6 weeks for this one. It's bound to be green before the middle of May, right?
DANG>... I just ventured out in my backyard, for the first time since before the ice storm in December. Every bush, tree, and all the grass is annihilated. I still have 2" of water around the shed, and somehow the water got in my shed, which still has an inch of ice in there. Hopefully green comes soon, but I know of a place.......
Visit me here..Room57
  #6    Top
Old April 6th, 2014, 11:34 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

It ocurred to me here in Anchorage that finding green might be a challenge. Then is occurred to me the quote for this challenge was made famous in the movie "Jerry McGuire," referencing the color of US currency. And, Carl, aren't zombies often a shade of green? I hope to have time to participate, because this could make for some interesting concepts.

flickr Photostream
  #7    Top
Old April 7th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjin_nav View Post
It ocurred to me here in Anchorage that finding green might be a challenge. Then is occurred to me the quote for this challenge was made famous in the movie "Jerry McGuire," referencing the color of US currency. And, Carl, aren't zombies often a shade of green? I hope to have time to participate, because this could make for some interesting concepts.

Yeah, kinda. Depends on which stage of decomposition they are in.
Visit me here..Room57
  #8    Top
Old May 11th, 2014, 06:15 PM
The One and Only
Recent Photo: Wood Frog
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason

A quick question... Does it have to be something growing (plant)? Or, anything green to do with nature?

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
  #9    Top
Old May 14th, 2014, 02:31 PM
The Corner Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gems View Post
A quick question... Does it have to be something growing (plant)? Or, anything green to do with nature?
Green to do with nature should be fine.
  #10    Top
Old May 14th, 2014, 02:32 PM
The Corner Creator

Reminder that tomorrow is the last day to get your entries in!!!
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner