Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment > Compact Cameras (Film & Digital)

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old August 13th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Junior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Collou France sunset
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: Best camera for me as a beginner

I use a lower end Nikon (D5000) with older lenses (glass) that are heavy but have better optics. Plus they are cheap. But if I had to choose anew I would choose the canon. You are able to download magic bullet and turn your low end $250 canon into a high end Mark II. Plus you will have total control of the videos that are of top quality. What more can you ask for.
  #12    Top
Old August 13th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Elite VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPremiere Project of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins the Premiere Project of the Year contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

quite honestly, you cant go wrong with either brand,, you will eventually want to add accessories and lens' and such so you DO sort of "buy" into a particular brand/family ,, it can be costly to switch brands after you acquire accessories being that you are not familiar with either brand you will adapt to what ever you do choose,, buying new gear can be exciting so take your time, do some research and enjoy,, watch your pricing and check online stores once you have made a choice, if at all possible do visit a store and hold each brand and look at the menus , again you will adapt to what ever you choose and you wont be disappointed with either brand as both are extremely capable of producing amazing images
  #13    Top
Old August 14th, 2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiledogs View Post
Just a heads up there are newer versions of both the canon and nikon starter camera. The Nikon is the d3300 and the canon is the T5i. Both are roughly the same price and optically I believe are nearly equal in terms of quality. Do not let the megapixels fool you you will not be able to see a difference between 18 and 24 MP. Both are excellent starter cameras and have many great lenses available.

D3300
24.2 Mp DX-Format CMOS Sensor
EXPEED 4 Image Processor
No Optical Low-Pass Filter
3.0" 921k-Dot LCD Monitor
Full HD 1080p Video Recording
11-Point Multi-CAM 1000 AF Sensor
Expandable ISO 25600 and 5 fps Shooting
Easy Panorama Mode and Guide Mode
Compatible with WU-1a Wireless Adapter

Canon T5i
STM Lens Support for Quiet AF in Movies
18.0MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
DIGIC 5 Image Processor
3.0" Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
ISO 100-12800, Expandable to 25600
Full HD 1080 Video with Continuous AF
5.0 fps Continuous Shooting
9-Point All Cross-Type AF System
Multi Shot Noise Reduction
Compatible with Canon EF and EF-S Lenses
I actually don`t care too much about pixels because I know that I am the one who has an eye and I have a brain,Good photographer can do much more with 5mp than a bad photographer with 50mp
  #14    Top
Old August 15th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Junior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Collou France sunset
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

It's good to be confident but don't get ahead of yourself. If you are going to do any editing at all you want pixels because even level's adjustment will cause banding and pixel blowout. You should get a 10mp or highter IMO. BTW I said magic bullet I meant magic lantern. Look it up on line you will be very impressed what a low end canon can do with this free download.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment > Compact Cameras (Film & Digital)